Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Car in Tree  (Read 6199 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
Car in Tree
« on: November 14, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
Hi Tony,
I had this dream last night and I’ve started exploring it but I wanted to share and hear your insights.

I had just returned home and discovered my brother and brother-in-law together had taken my car and put it up in a tree. It’s not that they were angry or it was actually a negative thing, but I had no idea why they did it. While I was gone out they somehow sat it up in the tree and I was upset because I didn’t know how I would get it down. What I recall of the tree is that it was a healthy tree and well rooted. For some reason I sensed it was an apple tree, not because of visible fruit, but because the limbs branched out widely like apple trees. I don’t recall a lot of greenery, more bare branches like autumn. Also the wood was wet, like it had just rained, and I recall noticing how the car tires were carefully placed on the wet branches so that the car was fully supported and looked very sturdy up there. The dream ended with feelings of irritation and perhaps some anxiety because I couldn’t go anywhere with it sitting in the tree and had no idea how to get it down. ~ DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Car in Tree
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:41:21 AM »
DreamTime – Yes, that was the question – “Why?”

But it is difficult to answer that while you have no idea of their motives. And I am referring not to them as in your waking life, but to them as your dream brother and dream brother-in-law. For one of the first things to do is to explore your associations with the dream characters and images. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

But if we consider that all the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images, then why are you unconsciously putting your car out of reach and then feeling irritated and anxious about it?

So, it may make sense to take the image of your dream people and car back into you and own it. In that way, you are actually meeting and dealing with the things about yourself you are not owning or conscious of. That is why dreams are often difficult to understand, because we are hiding things from ourselves. To do this you can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

Dreamtime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:59:28 AM »
Thanks for your reply Tony. The meaning became clearer after exploring it. It relates to the process of growth and certain attitudes tied to ancestral/family beliefs that have been restricting the process of change underway at the moment (the inner brother and brother-in-law symbolizing these family beliefs carried within).  It is these ancestral beliefs and attitudes that put my car in the tree – preventing movement forward in my waking life, even though so much growth has also taken place while things seemed 'stuck'. I will continue exploring....

This dream reminds me a lot of a dream I had a couple of years ago where I drove my car in the lane at my family's home and then turned around and drove away again. ~DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 08:53:02 AM »
DreamTime - You have got it. Wonderful to see how clearly you now see it.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Tony

Dreamtime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
Tony,
I am glad that the relationship between inner and outer is becoming more clear and natural. Through your work and all that you share in the dream replies I have come to see and experience dreams as the incredible resources that they are. I laughed when I read your reply because I am very thankful for you bearing with me as well!  :) DT

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
Reading the above gave me a lot of joy and a laugh.

Tony