Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream of death  (Read 3669 times)

Gr8hairdo

• View Profile
Dream of death
« on: November 16, 2016, 07:30:29 PM »
I dreamed last night that my Uncle, who is dying from Cancer, died. I was at a funeral home where there were several funerals going on at once. Someone asked me if I wanted to see him and as I followed them, I noticed other caskets with bodies in them lined up around the room. When I got to my uncle, instead of lying in a casket, he was sitting on a couch with a hospital gown on. He was still breathing, and moving his head around slowly. I remember thinking to myself "What is he doing here? He is not dead!!!" He began to open his eyes and I was really glad. But when he opened them fully, his pupils were black and large. He looked right through me. I immediately woke up. It was very creepy.

My Uncle lives a good distance from me and we have not seen each other on in quite a long time. Since his diagnosis, I have spoken to him twice and we have had some very good conversations. There is no ill will between us. I am just not sure what this all means. Suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:35:08 PM by Gr8hairdo »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream of death
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:06:50 AM »
Gr8hairdo – The important part of your dream was when you thought, “He is not dead!!!”

That thought put you in conflict with meeting the reality, because of course he is not dead in the dream world, but of course you felt he was still alive in a body.

The black eyes is what you gathered by watching it shown in films so often, and in your mind it links with the person not truly being really alive – perhaps evil. So, I see it as a shock you felt to actually contact the dead; something that most people feel scared of, believing that when the body is dead the person is dead. So, contact can make your hair stand on end – it’s scary for most people. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/death-life-after/

Tony