Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meaning of Deer Dream  (Read 5500 times)

kellyvent

• View Profile
Meaning of Deer Dream
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:20:05 PM »
I had the strangest dream & I cant stop thinking of it. Let me start by saying I have lost my mother May 23, 2016, shes been on my mind. My dream was I was at a familiar stop street there was a deer walking around but I was looking at it wondering what is this I am seeing then I looked over and it's head was laying on the street (being an animal lover I was shooken up) turned the corner and saw another big deer heading to that direction I was TRYING TO stop it so he wouldn't see what was ahead or to save his life but then I woke up. I Can't stop thinking and seeing this horrible seen in  my head. Does this mean anything?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Meaning of Deer Dream
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:32:41 PM »
Kellyvent – I believe this is not directly about your mother, but was caused by your feelings about her dying.

In the dream, you saw death, and your reaction was to try to prevent it happening again. So, you are struggling with your feelings because you met death in the raw. But because you only saw the body’s death it stirs you in a difficult way. But if you could see not just what happens to the body, but also the consciousness which could no longer express through that body, it takes away the horror of it.

Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/near-death-experiences/ and http://dreamhawk.com/news/exploring-death-and-life/

Tony

ElizVanZee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »
The deer in dreams would represent an emotional aspect of your own nature, one that relates to feelings of being 'a dear', that is, being nice, kind, sweet, helpful etc. The stop street, I assume, is a place where you or others might get on or off a bus. Thus the dream would be showing a situation in which you are on a course of action that would be taken by those who use a way of thinking such as most people would use regarding a situation you may be dealing with. In this situation you might find that being very nice, kind etc. is a questionable feeling to have. (what is this I am seeing?)

Because the deer is walking around, the feeling of being 'a dear', very nice and kind appears as a perfectly healthy, sound feeling. When looking again, that is on second view which is the True Self's improved view, the feeling no longer looks to be a livable one because the head, implying the logic or reason that governs or controls the feeling of being very nice, has been removed from the feeling.

Turning the corner, can suggest a turning point leading to a change in the direction your thoughts are headed. At such a time you can again see or believe in being 'a dear'.  But at this time you may need to try very hard to ensure that this feeling again does not lose the reason that should control it. By writing the words "TRYING TO" in capital letters it is indicated that making this effort is very important for you.

Because the second deer has been referred to as a 'big deer', it might be assumed that the larger and smaller(?) deer could be male and female. This would emphasize that a feeling such as being nice, kind etc. can also come of a more or less reasonable perspective. The dream is showing that you need to make a big effort to protect a more rational feeling of being 'a dear. [Being very nice etc. when there is no rational reason to act this way is not too intelligent. An example would be situations in which you are just being used - where there is no reciprocation of favours or helpfulness. Being 'a dear' is important (a big deer) but is must be governed by reason.]

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:38:39 AM »
The times I have felt intense grief in my life were somewhat fearful.  I had felt like I had completely "lost my head."  I was consciously trying not to cry as I was afraid I would not be able to stop.  I had to give myself permission to let my emotions take over...knowing it was just something I needed to go through.  Once I cried and grieved, I felt a little better and put my head back on.  Of course, grief and mourning have their own timeline and I went through that many times for just one person or one loss.

The dream is telling you that you will be fine if you give yourself permission to grieve when that feeling comes up.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com