Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flying up on to a cliff  (Read 4695 times)

marianne

• View Profile
Flying up on to a cliff
« on: February 19, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »
Hello!

Last night/this morning I dreamed that I was on a golden sandy beach with a friend. She had bought a flying machine of sorts in which you wore the wings made of orange parachute material, ran along the sand, pressed a button on the remote control and lifted off and up onto the cliff at the end of the beach. She let me use the flying machine a couple of times, and then we attracted a queue of people who we shared the experience with. From this experience we met some local student teachers at a nearby teacher training college. They invited us up to their beautiful college further back on the cliff which was a stately home. They shared this stately home with refugees - to my delight as I felt they really deserve to be well accommodated (in reality I have recently done some voluntary work with refugees). Some of the teacher trainers (young women) accused the refugees of sexual advances, but in my mind I felt sure that they had misunderstood their attempts to be friendly due to cultural differences and fear. I was trying to explain and encourage them to allow the refugees to continue living there.
Any interpretations welcome! The last part seems fairly straight forward to me given my allegiances and current media tendency to create fake news.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Flying up on to a cliff
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
Marianne – You start the dream in an ideal state of mind, with open mindedness and access to the deeps and nature within you. Dreams use images of things and people like an artist that uses pictures, videos from the world around us to try to form a way of translating what are formless parts of you into a way your personality, your conscious self might understand.

So, the friend is an aspect of you that can fly up from the body bound concept we have and explore the new. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dimensions-of-human-experience/ and also http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/

The flying machine is a simple way of saying that you have the ability to break free of limiting viewpoints or cultural norms. It is also a mixture of independent thought, ambition, and personal drive. Quite unusual.

You are obviously a person who wants to share the good things you have found in you, your life, and your abilities with others. You attracted a ‘queue of people’ by this.

But you are ambitious and have great and far reaching insights or realisations about what is possible. These are the local students and the stately home – See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/house/#GrandH

I wonder whether you have taken on the role of someone who has been wrongly accused or persecuted - maybe not in a big way, that give you understanding of the refugees you work with. I am wondering this because I am from a mixed cultural background, and so was the victim of persecution, which gave me the ability to ‘fly’ above these cultural boundaries and see both sides. It is a wonderful step in personal evolution. So, I sense the dream is a big step in making clear your personal growth.

Tony
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:43:16 PM by Tony Crisp »

marianne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
Wow

Thank you for the interpretation.

Yes I have been the victim of persecution in the past, during more than one period in my life, so I do have a great desire to enable the underdog and consider myself lucky and strong for having overcome the victimisation I suffered.

With regards to the queue forming. To my mind that is probably more to do with my perceptions of my friend. She's the kind of woman who can really galvanize others...but yes I definitely am the kind of person who wants to share my life and abilities. I am frustrated though because I seem unable in real life to create enough wealth even to fully support my own children (I am a totally lone parent), let alone others, which is my greatest ambition. I want to write bestsellers for young people on the kind of JK Rowling/ Phillip Pullman scale so that I can help others. This has been my ambition for a long time, but I am beleaguered by self-doubt and frustrated by the fact that I cannot seem to make my own living from my talents (as a translator and writer) so find myself having to do other less inspiring work (as I guess we all do).

In any case, I feel inspired by your observations of my dream and I am going to work with it some more.

Thank you so much.

:)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:08 AM »
Just keep writing. In itself it is an enormous education and discipline; do it every day.

I read somewhere years ago that Margaret Mitchell was only able to spend only an hour a day writing as she worked on Gone With the Wind.

Tony