Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meaning of multiple dreams  (Read 5291 times)

Deering

• View Profile
Meaning of multiple dreams
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
Hello,

My name is Dylan, I am new here and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I have had a series of reoccurring dreams, nearly a different one every night. This has went on for some months now, and I'm just about at my wits end and don't know what to do. No matter what I try and can't seem to get them to stop. A little background; My wife and I are high school sweethearts and have been together nearly four years, married for two this coming May. We welcomed our son, William, into our lives in September of last year. Not long after his birth the dreams began. The most concerning of them are two that alternate regularly. On my sons first birthday, coming September of this year, my wife and I's family are all at our house and my wife decides to tell me that he is not my son, but that he belongs to her ex-boyfriend. Now in this dream, my reaction differs between two endings. First, I become distraught, and deservedly so. My alternate ending to this dream is that my wife's ex-boyfriend shows up at my house and it ends in blows between us. The next, is essentially the same dream, however it is my sons eighteenth birthday. Now keeping with the same topic, the others are just dreams of my wife having multiple affairs, with all sorts of random people. More strangers than familiar people, although her ex-boyfriend still comes in to these occasionally. I will mention that I have a certain distaste for my wife's ex-boyfriend, because when they were together he was mentally, physically, and regrettably sexually abusive towards her. To continue, these dreams occur nearly every night and I know in my heart that William is my son and my wife has never and hopefully will never cheat on me. However, her and I have a very open and honest relationship and I share everyone of these dreams with her every time I have one. This has inadvertently caused problems in our relationship, because my wife feels as though I don't trust her, but I do. My wife has even went as far as to take us all to do a paternity test to prove to me that William is my son. I didn't have any doubts and I certainly don't know. However, these dreams continue. I have stopped telling my wife out of fear that it will drive a wedge deeper between us. These dreams are tearing me apart on the inside, and my wife and I's relationship. I have no idea what they mean and I just want them to stop. Please someone help me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:18:24 PM by Deering »

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Meaning of multiple dreams
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:07:34 PM »
I think it was a positive step for you to stop sharing your dreams with your wife. Having said that, dreams can be initiated by major life changes.  The fact that you are dreaming more now that you have a son and a family is to be expected.  I would try not to get so hung up on the details of the dream.  In general, having a family, you have more to lose, so to speak, and more to protect.  It is a huge responsibility and it is normal to have anxiety or fears in your situation.  That is all the dream is about...fear that something will happen that you cannot control. So, how will you respond to yourself in your waking life?

Deering

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »
Thank you for your interpretation. I will try to do as suggested, and try to overlook the things which are out of my control.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:12:34 AM »
Dylan – I know the inner feelings that lie behind such dreams, for I went through them myself.

I think that what causes your dreams are nothing to do with your wife’s behaviour, but things in you that are very deeply set. To understand this, you need to understand that dreams are very seldom about waking life events, but are due to lessons learnt painfully, or hurts that arose long ago. For dreams see your whole past and its influences in the present.

When we love and trust someone, as you obviously do with your wife, it opens you to the earliest experience of learning to love and trust someone - which in your case is the tremendous sense of desertion, probably caused by something that happened with your mother.

If you think of the feelings – not images – in your dreams, and trace it back and back to when it first occurred, you may find and feel the cause. But maybe useful using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/ might help. Also, read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/habits/ - especially number 3 of the list quoted.

Tony

Deering

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 03:17:49 PM »
Tony,

Thank you so much for your interpretation. This makes since as I did experience troubles with my mother growing up. I also, had the question of who my father was growing up. I didn't  find out who it was until I was 17. I'm not sure why I never connected the two, but for a long time I did feel a sense of betrayal from my mother. I haven't always had the best relationship with her, for reasons I wont go into here, but I thought I had moved passed all of this. I suppose subconsciously I haven't, and possibly what my fear and cause of the dreams are just that. A fear that my son will have to go through some of the same things I did as a child. Tony, you are a genius and a true master of your craft, sir. Now, I suppose I need to find a way to move past this, for good this time.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:40:33 AM »
Deering - Thank you for sharing.

A way that can work to pass beyond the difficulties you felt can be by using these - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/ and maybe http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/the-lifestream/

Tony