Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Vast Ocean Before Me  (Read 4384 times)

Christine

• View Profile
The Vast Ocean Before Me
« on: March 19, 2017, 06:21:45 PM »
At the beginning of last nights dream my own voice said to me "And who is choosing this?."  I answered out loud in my dream  "I am choosing this for myself."

I find myself in an isolation room.  The windows are glass.  There are light colored male and female figures trying to get my attention and trying to get in my room.  One large male beats his head against the glass above me...the glass shatters in that one spot.  The figures turn black and I reach my hands up through the broken glass and I am choking him.

Next I am in what first looks like a public ring...like a gladiator arena...there are black figures physically attacking me...much taller and larger than me...but shapeless...I deliberately fight each one...one by one...I do not see if I have killed each one...but each disappears from my view.  After they have been defeated...I take a breath and look around.  I seem to be inside The Wall surrounding the northern border of the Seven Kingdoms, as in The Game of Thrones.  The gate opens and I do not feel afraid.

Next I am high above the sparkling dark blue ocean...the waves folding towards me.  It is magnificent.  Then an unseen or invisible hand shows me that the picture is like the inside of an open book with its spine flat...the two pages open from the inside, near the spine, and start to peel back (which will eventually open to 4 pages)...revealing the hint of black underneath.

I just think this is a marvelous dream and thought I would share!

In my real life, I have been fighting the lower self of others...so I do not succumb along with them.  The Wall is guarding my (real) or highest Self.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

―The Night's Watch Oath
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:25:23 PM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: The Vast Ocean Before Me
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »
Chris – What I am about to say, is just a suggestion from a different point of view. Take it only if it is of value to you.

Fighting takes so much energy. It is your choice that is important. What you fight suggests you see it as real and important. But you are everything and so all inclusive, the vast ocean, so what are you fighting?

The Vigil
This is the darkness of night,
I stand in vigil and vigilant.
It is my chosen task to be the one
Who through this time of shadows
Remains awake and dwells
For this season amongst
The corridors of memories and thoughts,
Watching over those whose lives
I celebrate and desire to be.
And in me rises the light that
Keeps at bay the creatures
That might otherwise haunt these hours.
It is the primal light of Life,
The drive to be, the
Innate power to exist.
And as I am the sentinel
Of the darkness,
The eyes of my sleeping kin,
I know I must remain alert
And keep alive awareness
That I am the urge to be.
I know too that dawn,
The light that changes all
So magically with its easy touch,
Will come despite the
Seeming endless watch I keep.
And in that new day
We can live another life.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: The Vast Ocean Before Me
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 03:12:08 PM »
I will have to think about the answer to your question.

Last night I dreamt I was looking at a black eye, the left one, of a black horse.  Logically, I would guess that I would see my face in the reflection.