Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Airplane Dreams  (Read 4142 times)

Michy

• View Profile
Airplane Dreams
« on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
I don't normally pay attention to dreams until this moment: you know how dreams can be, scientifically speaking dreams come in packs but we only remember a few. This particular dream had a sort of uneasy/gray feeling. Like you want to run away but you don't want to. The best part is, planning to run away in case should be in an airplane ;D The story though, setting is somewhere home but does not resemble home. My family is there, and there was something that's bugging me but I reason it out with parents. Then I jumped to another setting: in a uni (college). The atmosphere never changed, sort of a grayish/bluish accent, and the feeling of fight/flight whenever i see that AIRPLANE in our backyard (emphasis on backyard). Anyone had similar dreams to this? Or Planes?  :-\

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Airplane Dreams
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:36:44 PM »
Michy – Of course we have similar dreams – many, many grey dreams, and beyond count airplane dreams. And many of them I explored – not by thinking about them, but by stripping of and diving into them. You should try it by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

To understand what I am about to say, it is important to realise that we as humans, like other mammals, in our earliest years particularly, still learn like most mammals do, and that is not verbal at all. A massive amount of information is absorbed from our parents without words, any effort or awareness. An important aspect of this is that whatever of such information is held in the present generation, it is an accumulation of skills and responses learned over many generations, and is the fundamental survival strategies of that particular family or group line.

The greyness, and airplanes, when I explored them, where things that I had inherited from my father in particular, things I had no awareness of beforehand, but my dreams reported.

It was or is, a particular attitude or habitual response. And it sounds like you have picked this pessimistic attitude up from somewhere, probably early on.

Example: I am in a landscape and notice that everything is brown; the whole world is brown and lifeless. There is also a feeling of solemnity or dullness. I have enough lucidity to wonder why the world of my dream is so brown and dull. As I ask this I become more aware of what feeling the brownness expresses. It is seriousness - with no room for humour or fun. The feeling deepens, real enough and clear enough to look at and understand. I see it is my father’s attitude to life that I have unconsciously inherited. I realise how anxious he always felt about life, and how I took this in. That is how I became a ‘brown’ person. I see too that I do not need to be either brown or serious anymore.

Some helpful ways of dealing with the brownness - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/habits/#Useful and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony