Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: dream abandonment  (Read 4130 times)

tracey

• View Profile
dream abandonment
« on: April 21, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
my mother passed away 10years ago and ever since i have a recurring dream she hasnt actually died but that i just havent been in touch with her for years. in the dream she has another little girl with her and the age of the child varies from time to time. This dream stopped 11months ago after my own daughter passed away and has now returned with a vengenance only different now,this time its my mother who hasnt been in touch with me. its very disturbing and she still has this other little girl with her. please help me make sense of this

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: dream abandonment
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
Tracey – When we dream of death many of us cannot help but face a very confused situation. It is because all of our life experiences are built upon our body’s three-dimensional experience. But the world of death is so completely different, for to takes place in the fourth or higher dimensions – which most of us have no experience of, and so it is like being blind. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dimensions-of-human-experience/

So, when we dream about a dead person communicating with us it can be distorted by our view of what death is – or our associations with the dead person. So, if we believe in ourselves that when a person dies they are finished it creates our own view of death, or one that is a mixture of a real communication and our beliefs. Such thoughts, even if unconscious, can cause such dreams of seeing the person we know has died being seen alive in their coffin and assuring us that they are very much alive. Most people we know in waking life, and then dream about, are an inner person we carry within us and use in our dreams. An inner person is the collection of all the memories and experiences of them – not them as a person.

Maybe you hadn’t been in in touch with her for years because perhaps you didn’t give time to communicate with her and listen for her replies. In some degree, you have to open to her dimension. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/going-beyond/

Communication maybe has stopped possibly because of the pain of losing your daughter. Our dreams tend to show all sorts of barriers we erect stopping any form of communication. Ask your dreams to clarify why the link has stopped in your dreams. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/incubating-dreams/

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: dream abandonment
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
The change in your dream might be part of the process of grieving the loss of your daughter.  Having a daughter you had continued the female lineage, so to speak and now that she is passed you may be feeling less of a connection to your own mother.  That would seem natural.

In the first dream, you not being in touch with your mother seemed to be your choice and in the second, hers.  As I have gotten older, I have had to grieve a loss of control, which was really only an illusion in the first place.

If you have the dream again, you might notice how it changes.