Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rigor  (Read 6397 times)

Sean hunter

• View Profile
Rigor
« on: April 23, 2017, 12:44:42 AM »
Hi am new but am here to see if ne 1 can help with my dream of rigor mortious. I dreamt i was posseced with this name metioned last night

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Rigor
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:08:45 AM »
Sean – I wonder whether it is what is mentioned in Sleep Paralysis - Many people experience feeling paralysed while they are partially awake but dreaming. This may be due to the fact that voluntary movements are inhibited during periods of the dream process. All brain signals to the voluntary muscles are stopped. Therefore, if we become slightly awake and attempt to move at that time we feel paralysed. This is not sensed as a problem if we are unconsciously involved in a dream. While dreaming another level of will takes control of the body, so any sounds or movements made are not from ones conscious will.

See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/sleep-paralysis/

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Rigor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 11:22:33 AM »
I often use dreams as a way to pose questions to myself.  For example, if I had your dream, I might ask myself if there is some area of my body or life that I feel dead or lifeless in.  Or too stiff, as in taking everything too seriously.  Maybe I need to feel more or have more fun.  We can also procrastinate or get stuck making a choice, so it might also refer to that.  I learn a lot by questioning myself.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:25:34 AM by Christine »