Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: lying in a bed covered in rice  (Read 3861 times)

Monica

• View Profile
lying in a bed covered in rice
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:22:08 AM »
Hi! Hope you'll have some time to read this, I've had this detailed dream but
didn't find the meaning of one of the symbols appearing, it was rice. Thanks
for the wonderful site, it's always been a great guide!

The dream as I recall it began in a chaos of coming in and leaving classrooms in search of the one I had a class at... It's obvious that I'm lost and won't  made it. Then I appear to be in a room we used to stay in the house that my family and I always went for vacation when I was a child, it's the house of our dear grandpa (he's dead). I'm lying somewhere near the window and recalling some story pertaining to the class I failed to assist. Then it happens to be that my two sisters are there also, we began to talk but I don't look at them as we speak, it looks like there's some sort of weird low wall in between us, so I can peep at them but not watch directly. They talk precisely about having taken a class, maybe the one I tried to attend unsuccesfully.

They comment they saw there a guy -with whom I had a really horrible relationship-, from which I ended being badly hurt. One of them knows him, but the other doesn't, so in the dream I ask myself what was the impression they really had on seeing him, and feel sort of fortunate not having taken that class. The one that doesn't know him tells that he's awful, and assures he has horrible hands, -the ones of a monster!- she says, securing something that only him and myself knowk for real, a conversation and a dream he wrote speaking to me about his mother saying something about his brother being dead as she touched his shoulder, and then him eating his fingers to the very bone. My sister keeps on speaking with disgust about him, emphasizing he's an ugly and vicious person, commenting he was speaking with other people on the class about making a false profile on some network to swindle women; I think to myself it's a shame having been involved with him, but at the same time in the dream I notice I don't really care too much; I feel relaxed, as nothing that he could do could affect me any more. I even laugh, always staring at the ceiling, and imagining him in the scenarios they're depicting me, in a very real way.

As my sister talks and sees my attitude she seems to try to get a reaction from me, and says that they've even seen his legs naked... I laugh and say -disgusting!- and then my other sister intervenes, serious and sort of worried, saying that the fact is that for what she saw I've also left something as a blow, or a kind of hurtful mark on him. I try to imagine what's she talking about, and then picture him as a human target, floating like some sort of vitruvian man in an invisible board, so I see his body frontal and entirely exposed, with a circle painted in black pointing around his navel; I assume that's the point where I left the "hurt", but she corrects me. At that moment I can't but feel real pleasure in the conversation, because it seems like a  kind of curious and revealing situation, as I lie there, resting in something that then I can see it's clearly a bed, covered in very white rice that I touch with my hands, where I make movements very similar to snow angels, my heart filled with secret delight.

I continue "imagining" what they explain to me, she continues saying I hit him not where I thought but in the back of his knees, and tries vainly naming the blows in a medical way, I think. The thing is just then I'm completely aware of the place I've been during the whole conversation (a bed entirely covered in rice), and that there's some very expected moment of truth coming from that image of the back of his knees, uncovered and looking black and inflamed there. I never watch at them directly as we talk during the dream, it's as if they're only their voices talking in the opposite half of the room (left) and the images I project as I stare above, no ceiling but those images. It's full daylight, even though in some moment of the dream I'm there but all alone in the dark, spying through the window to a man that looks like drunk and is throwing little stones to the window of the house in the front. For the rest the dream is consistently full of daylight, with a blue and greenish hue.  At some point of the dream I also appear trying to make as if I don't wanna hear any other thing about the guy they mention so persistently, so I sit looking directly through the window, trying not to pay attention to my sisters, drinking eagerly water from a bottle as I stare fixedly to a man out there, in a bike, trying to seem very interested on him.

And when the chatter slowly vanishes I keep recalling the odd story of two people that I heard about in the class I was supposed to assist but didn't, that even saw as the cover of a book, titled (as the names of the couple) "Invicto and Lynn". (Lin happened to be the way the mother of D, the boy the dream revolved around, called his brother). I was just asking God the night before how it could be that even though I had seriously forgiven him for all he did, and repented sincerely for what I DID, I still resent so much any little memory that slowly comes back to mind (The experience was so traumatic that I almost "blot" all of the memories of the time I shared with him for about two years... And now I began finally to recall. Guess this dream's all about that... and a lesson on "perspective".)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: lying in a bed covered in rice
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
Monica – There is so much in your dream, but it all centres about the effects left in your life by one individual. Something I have found bout this is that when you think about a friend or a person you meet, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they are what make you the person you are.  The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

The huge things about this is that dreams constantly attempt to integrate such influences in a harmonious way – this is necessary as we cannot get rid of such memories. So it seems that is what your dream was doing.

Rice – sometimes associate rice with weddings, but there are so many people’s associated memories, so I would suggest you hold the image of the bed and rice and use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson or look up http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/seed/

Tony