Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream About Execution  (Read 4140 times)

lpcoleman

• View Profile
Dream About Execution
« on: August 04, 2017, 02:38:04 PM »
Hello Tony,

And many thanks for your time. I consider myself a reasonably apt dream interpreter as I dream frequently and quite often lucidly, but this one left me pondering, and I could use some insight.

As background, I'm married but going through a difficult period in my marriage and am unsure if we will be able to reconcile, not for lack of love but because of external circumstances (we live in a place I greatly dislike due to his work; his work demands much of his time in a way that negates or makes impossible an intimate, warm marriage; as my spiritual path progresses I am less interested in the 'external' world of our lifestyle).

I am weighing up moving to another country to live long-distance from my husband, and my husband has even offered to let loose the boundaries of our marriages - sexually, geographically, et al - so that I may find more fulfillment in my life. On his part, he sees me as his life partner, come rain or shine. I feel the same, but recognize I cannot continue living as I have done the last several years - I feel like a Mustang coralled in a too-tight space.

My dream is this:

I dreamed that I was being prosecuted or put on trial for something by a group of Middle Eastern men. The Men were in traditional dress and religious; the court was empty except for myself and a handful of others I know; beyond the court window I could see there was a view of rivers, valleys, and pines.

I had done something relatively small but the punishment was extreme - execution. I was shocked and in complete disbelief at my sentence. My mother was there in tears, and so was another female friend. As I was in such complete disbelief, I continued to labour under the concept that something must be amiss, or awry, and that if I just kept talking and arguing my point that I might win.

I apparently had stolen a handful of cheap, crappy plastic watches, which I couldn't even believe I had stolen, seeing as I was already wearing a beautiful, expensive and exquisite timepiece made from rose gold, with diamonds on the dial. Also this I attempted to argue with my prosecutors: "I can admit I stole the watches but does it even make sense that I would steal them? Look at the watch I'm wearing. Can we not agree that this a mistake and a mix-up, but certainly not a crime worthy of execution? Why would I even steal such watches??"

My prosecutors were silent but unwilling to commute my sentence. I feared for my life and began to run.

As I ran, I met a person I knew from high school, a very good-looking guy that was admired by all the girls in our class (he has since become an incredibly dedicated dad and husband, he fawns over them via social media and expresses how much he loves his family life). He was headed in my direction with throngs of other people, and I realized that I could probably lose the people chasing me by dissolving into the crowd.

I asked my friend from high school if he could drive me away; he said yes, and we went to his car, which was more like a space-age tube with compartments than a car. He got in the back compartment, a lady got into the front compartment, and he told me to get in the middle compartment.I was worried I wouldn't fit inside of it but eventually, I squeezed myself into a space that had - of all things - lettuce inside of it. Tons of lettuce! We sped away and there the dream ends.

I feel reasonably clear about the ending: the high school character is an easy fill-in for the affection, adoration and family connection that I now find highly valuable, even if I worry that after my hyper-independent lifestyle, it will be a tight squeeze.  ;)

Where I feel less clear is about the execution sentences and the watches.

Many thanks for any insight.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream About Execution
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
LP – The execution – you were fighting against it. But in a way you were planning to ‘end your life’ with your husband, and dreams very often show such changes very graphically. (By the way, thanks for the excellent information).

But death in dreams is not the same as death in the body life. In dreams it is simple the end of one way of life blending into a beginning of another. Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. So we cannot drown, so we can breathe underwater, we cannot die, although we can feel the fear and even pain of death. So next time you can try letting your dream self be executed. It might be the start of a new life.

The religious side of your dream may be more important than you realise, because religious beliefs are often generations deep, and so might be influencing your ability to live your own life. You might be able to define this by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

You cab of course use it to define every other part of the dream, lettuces for example. I don’t know what you associate with them. But the space age tube hints that it is what you see intuitively of your future. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Tony

lpcoleman

• View Profile
Re: Dream About Execution
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
Thanks Tony, that helps to clarify. I knew the death wouldn't be real - death I've faced before in dreams but not an execution! :) But it makes sense in connection to what you've said. I feel even what the watch could suggest is he's a real gem, my husband, so there's no need to trade him in just yet. :D

I can see your thoughts about religion. I think this is two-fold - one being that I really hate living in the Middle East, the other that I feel so constrained by 'traditional' living.

After reading more on your site, I can see that the lettuce could be a call to eat better, as I've been ill off and on. Hopefully the future is a healthier one!

Much love.