Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweet smell  (Read 5295 times)

mikey

• View Profile
Sweet smell
« on: August 11, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »
Hi,
I haven't managed to find much about smells in dreams apart from smells as intuition about a situation,would be grateful for any extra thoughts pointers from anyone.
The dream.
I am standing in an empty fire station as the fire crews are out on a call .
To my left i notice a group of people sat in three rows one behind the other a Little higher so as to be a tiered structure they ard infact waiting for a group photo to be taken.
Towards me comes a slim shorthaired female dressed in a sky blue dress,we embrace each other,i am then surrounded by a beautiful sweet smell or aroma radiating from the female.
It was a very pleasant smell not one that i can associate with anyone,it was not a smell that triggered any memories from earlier,
I do remember a film called Michael which included a ref to an angel smelks like cookies,but i am not sure if thus has any worth.
Look forward ti anyones thoughts.

Mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Sweet smell
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »
Hi Mikey  :)

You wrote:
I do remember a film called Michael which included a ref to an angel smells like cookies, but i am not sure if this has any worth.

This information brought me to one of your earlier dreams in which a woman (your intuition/limbic system) and a cookie played a part:
http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4364.msg10710#msg10710

I say to her ,
Lets put it this way,if i had to choose between in my left hand catherine,in my right hand a lovely cookie,i would choose you,but break the cookie in two sharing it with you,so giving a little piece of ourselves each to the other. I am then hit with a kind of fast forward vision,i see a battle coming and realise catherine has not long to live,and our meeting was to allow me the honour of sharing what time is left with her.

I wonder if the belief in choice - the EITHER/OR way - could be the cause of the "battle coming" and the belief that Catherine has to die? Why not see it as AND Catherine AND the cookie?

Interesting to read may be:

Smell in dreams

When evolution led mammals to adapt to a nocturnal existence, olfactory bulbs developed, and smell replaced sight as the dominant sense. These aroma circuits or odor pathways are believed to have become the neural outline of the limbic system within the mammalian area. This is the emotional center that generates the parental care of mammals: playfulness, vocal calling and emotion. Emotion and mood originally evolved from neural structures, once allocated only to the sense of smell that merely attracted or repelled. Over time, these two simple responses became the complicated emotions we experience today.

LIMBIC SYSTEM; Amygdala, Hypothalamus and Thalamus
(To my left i notice a group of people sat in three rows one behind the other a Little higher so as to be a tiered structure?)

The limbic system is a set of brain structures located on top of the brainstem and buried under the cortex. Limbic system structures are involved in many of our emotions and motivations, particularly those that are related to survival.
Such emotions include fear, anger, and emotions related to sexual behavior.
(I am standing in an empty fire station as the fire crews are out on a call?
[/b]

The limbic system is also involved in feelings of pleasure that are related to our survival, such as those experienced from eating and sex.
(Towards me comes a slim shorthaired female dressed in a sky blue dress,we embrace each other,i am then surrounded by a beautiful sweet smell or aroma radiating from the female?)
[/b]

Also; The limbic system… Some scientists call this part of the lower brain a “transmitter to God” because it is at the center of the intuition that we experience. In other words, if we were to believe in the existence of human spirit, this is the part that would most likely connect our mind to the spirit.

Anna
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 09:43:08 AM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
If that is the Anna I know, it is Great to see you here again.

But Mikey, Anna is so right, but see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:25:49 AM »
Thank you so much Anna for your insight,
I had completely forgotten the earlier dream you mentioned,kicking myself as jung said to look at a series of dreams,
Going back over my dream diary i have also come across another dream relating to the battle to come ,something is beginning to take shape.
Taking the time to understand the limbic system and different levels etc is obviously going to be of benefit to me.
Thank you again..
Mikey