Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Got Suffocated in my Dream  (Read 3729 times)

Yokesh

• View Profile
Got Suffocated in my Dream
« on: August 12, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
Hi,

I got this dream a while back and I am curious to understand what it stands for.

In my dream, I was lying down in a meadow and it was dark and gloomy overhead.

I was looking up into the skies. It was getting darker and darker and the rain clouds which were getting formed were starting to come down. They were inching closer and closer, simultaneously I noticed a couple of dogs by my feet and they were shouting at me. I kind of knew that they were asking me to get away from that place like I am in some danger. But I didn't move and the clouds had inched even closer to me. Ultimately the clouds fell on top of me and suffocated me. I was trying to shout for help but no clear words were coming out of my mouth and I was just letting out groans. By this time I realized am in a dream and I was trying to wake up, but I was not able to move or open my eyes. I started panicking and I was shouting for help in real but again no clear words and only groans were coming out. I was also suffocating and not able to breathe in real.

I suddenly woke up from my sleep and finally I was able to breathe. I asked my uncle who was sleeping near me if he heard me groan in my sleep. Unfortunately he  had been asleep and hadn't noticed anything.

Your inputs are appreciated

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Got Suffocated in my Dream
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
Yokesh – First, you didn’t take notice of your intuition form your instincts – see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain

The clouds represent blockages in the way your life energy works. Such blockages often result in depressive or non functional ways of feeling. Suffocation often reflects the way you relate to your environment, either in a relationship or work or family. It depicts feeling you have no personal space or opportunity to express. It can also show great anxiety.

Your attempt to wake up seemed to bring about sleep paralysis - Many people experience feeling paralysed while they are partially awake but dreaming. This may be due to the fact that voluntary movements are inhibited during periods of the dream process. All brain signals to the voluntary muscles are stopped. Therefore if we become slightly awake and attempt to move at that time we feel paralysed. This is not sensed as a problem if we are unconsciously involved in a dream. While dreaming another level of will takes control of the body, the Life Will, so any sounds or movements made are not from ones conscious will.

The problem you experienced is because the Life Will makes movement that are attempts to lead you to self understanding and healing. But virtually everyone blocks these movements because a long time ago our ancestors lived in trees, and the movement would lead to death. So the important fact about dreaming is that all the signals for movement while we dream are sent by the sleeping brain to the muscles but are blocked by a part of the brain called the pons. But this block can be bypassed by having a passive attitude while awake by using http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

While your dream experience was scary, it was an attempt to bring to awareness the things we have not allowed to become conscious.