Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drowning Frightened of Sleeping Again - Imported from Comments  (Read 3610 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Drowning Frightened of Sleeping Again - Imported from Comments
« on: October 04, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
Annika

I’m not really sure how it began but a friend and I were teaching someone else how to swim in an Olympic pool but you could not see the bottom, like the ocean because it was so deep. I walked around the edge of the pool, teaching the person how to swim while my friend was in the pool also, I could see something swimming in the bottom, fish, or penguins or something. I dived in but it was as if I had weights on my feet and I was paralyzed, I watched as my friend tried to grab my arms and I slipped through their fingers and into the deep, I woke up hyperventilating but I couldn’t breathe still? My arms were stuck and I couldn’t open my eyes. I’m too scared to go to sleep, this has never happened before.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:39:47 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Drpwning Frightened of Sleeping Again - Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Annika – You forget or have never been taught that you are a dual being. You live a waking life, but that is a small part of you, for you have also a ‘sleeping’ life that most people are totally unaware of.

In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gave us life and continues to express as dreams, in our breathing and heartbeat – our life. This I have given the description as the Life Will.

While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/sleep-paralysis/ 

This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. As Freud pointed out this inner will has full access to our memories. If enough self awareness arises in the dream state, then awareness of the inability to move may occur, along with the anxiety this can arouse. In fact this is probably only a problem to people who are frightened of the paralysis.

So your dream describes what happened. Teaching people to swim in very deep pool, in dream terms means learning how to cope with the wider awareness occurring in the sleep state. In other words, when you dived in you went beyond the boundaries of your known world and entered a different dimension. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/lucidity/#TonysEx

Unfortunately you tried to stop breathing, but in this other dimension you have no body so you do not need to breath. But your fear caused you to be too scared to go to sleep. Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

We all live by an immense ocean in dreams. It is not a water filled ocean, though our dreams often use it to depict the massive ocean of consciousness or mind – the vastness of we are usually unaware of. We are all like islands in a great ocean. Where the ocean meets the shore of our island is the limit of our senses and so we feel we are isolated and alone. But under the surface of the ocean - our unconscious - the land slips away into the depths and connects with all the other islands. So in fact we are not alone, but are unconscious of our connection with all life.   

You are on the verge of growing beyond the normal world most people think is normal – your dream shows it. But most people are scared when the go beyond what they have known.

Example: My friend asked if I could enter the pool, which I did with ease, diving deeper and deeper into it. As I did this I suddenly felt there were others in the water, and that suddenly had no sense of having body nor did I need one. I was ‘It’, and the wisdom and It was me. I could ask any question from this place where thousands of others existed. For we all were merged together and yet have separate identities, and because of this I shared all their collected wisdom. 

See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony