banana
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: a cloak made of rats  (Read 58 times)

Monica

• View Profile
a cloak made of rats
« on: October 06, 2017, 04:30:56 AM »
I've had a very curious dream that sort of continues one on which I'm the guest of honor in a feast, where a white dressed table is served with plenty of healty and luscious food; I recall specially that I'm offered to chose between little pieces of which appears to be white chocolate, but at the same time seem very small vases containing a clear liquor. They are all like tiny cups of some sort, white and adorned with light blue. I'm delighted of seeing them and all my friends, everything looks so nice and we talk and seem so happy. When I take a close look to the piece of chocolate I've chosen I realize it's a little figure resembling an elephant, beautifully worked and slightly painted with blue and gold; then I hold it and drink a toast to the harmony surrounding us. The table was located near the entrance of the building where I studied when at University, not so long ago. The dream was great even when the surroundings were like a blue fog all the time.

Then just one day after I had a dream where I was inside the same building, at the classroom where I presented my final work (to get my degree as an artist); it's late in the afternoon but the day is warm, and I look though the window hoping to see my friends; I'm there with a very dear friend, and he's with a girl that I don't know but happens to be his girlfriend in the dream; they are joining for a while but as time passes by, while I look at the door and then the window, they say they have to go. I realize I have a pinata, and feel discouraged because I feel noone will come this time, it's late, I think. I see the pinata imagining it, white and round, falling in the green pasture far below the classroom. I see chocolate again. They leave and I watch the white door closed. Then I find myself at another University that I attended long time ago. I'm alone but walking around I bump into some guy that asks me for help doing some maths; I say o.k. and then he tells me to meet him later at the stadium, because the courtyard where we used to go was closed. Next, as I walk to the meeting place, I think I don't really know how to solve any math problem, because it's been so long since I left studying engineering.

I enter a place that looks more as a subterranean training field, with lockers and a sort of racetrack where people are excercising. I don't know well what to do but find sort of easy to begin doing the same, I run around the track and feel at ease, then I begin to jump and feel fine. Then I notice it's a swimming training, but it's funny how there's no swimming pool at all; I feel it's o.k. because it's just an excercise. Almost at the end of the class I see the guy I was supposed to meet there but he's already found a girl who seems to know well how to deal with the math thing and I go without talking to him, a little bit frustrated by the fact.

Then I think I have to explain the trainer I'm not part of his team, but as I talk he begins to resemble the pastor of the church I attend, and he asks to me what I have in my backpack. I show him a notebook that is really a sort of dictionary. I open it and as we watch to the letters and the images he says -so is this what you'd like to do?- and I say yes, but it best describes my sister, with all the editing and illustration sort of thing, because she's a visual designer. Then I say -What I want to do are really big paintings... So I look at him again and he's become one of my art professors, one I respect and have a lot of appreciation for. He tells -then come and see this- and we walk trough what now seems to be a cave, but at the same time keeps the appearance of the corridors of the Arts building, and an old house I use to dream.

I see a few paintings made by other students and recall one of a clown that I felt I liked... Then we end up in the very center of the cave, high and filled with a strong daylight I don't know where it comes from. A man that I assume is the janitor is there hiding near the walls doing drugs. The professor says he should avoid doing that but we proceed, he approaches the walls and takes from a deep hole a thing that resembles a big scroll, made with a long cane or rod, longer than the length of a large window, and that serves to the purpose of holding a thing that seems like a curtain as well as a cloak; he shows the curious "dress" he's created telling me that he'll use it to make photos and to perform.

He extends it in front of his body, opening the fabric that is a white tulle, so I see it falls like a pair of bells, as the thing is cut in the middle. It's very long and heavy so he holds it with both of his arms. But the most curious, at some point horrifying thing, is that the other "material" the dress is made of are hundreds of white rats and their vomit (which he points at particularly), also white, looking like large and soft spots on the pieces of fabric. I'm not really aware of my own feelings at that point, because I'm very interested in the object, even iif I find it repulsive by moments. He says about publishing the photos and I say that then he must consider to put them in very good quality, because the "details" won't be seen if he doesn't. The rats are dead and I feel weird but fascinated, because it's an impressive object to see, tremendously beautiful as much as horrible to be faced with.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: a cloak made of rats
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »
Monica – There are stages to the story your dream tells.

It starts with showing the richness and variety of your life experience – the food. You sense this is an honour, which it is, to so carefully and energetically digest your many experiences and order or make of them into an art form. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/art-and-dreams/
The elephant is an example of the great forces you have met within you and made them beautiful. The alcohol is the spirit you took and made part of you in your wide experience. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetypes/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/spirit/

You progress further into the story of yourself, but you feel unacknowledged and alone in the world you live in – but yet you have seen for yourself the depth of your inner life. But you need to realise this depth for yourself. You need to realise that dream images are like icons on a computer screen - you have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

This makes you feel you cannot solve a problem confronting you in your waking life – the dreamt math situation. But to solve it you have to enter a deeper level - this takes you deep into your own consciousness where you exercise your abilities, a summary of what you have achieved so far. At first you feel it is a competitive sport – the racetrack. But when you run, trying your own ability you feel at ease about what you can and have done. Then problem was not important, your own self assessment – the maths.

Then you explain to yourself – the inner questioning part of you – that you are not a part of a team competing, because you are an individual, unique. Then it changes to a more spirit based self which leads to a real self assessment, in which you realise you want to create big paintings. So you enter a cave, an even deeper descent into yourself. The cave is an entrance to your unconscious. As such it may lead to completely different dimensions, environments or states of mind. The following dream illustrates this.

Example: I unblocked a hole in the cave and climbed through. It was like entering another dimension, for I was in a brilliantly lit room. In the room were many windows and doors. The room was in the shape of an arc, a semicircle. Looking out of one window I seemed to be looking at a Swiss landscape. The next window looked out on an entirely different place, and so with the third. Eddie.

Then you contact your inner creative self, which may be seen as your future self beginning to show you what you are capable of. It is a very potent realisation that is a mixture or synthesise of the repulsive, the weird and beautiful.

People often try to move to the Light and Spiritual, as if every day life is something to leave behind, with its apparent darkness and pain. But we are actually dual in nature, and darkness is a part of us and when it is balanced with light it bursts into amazing creativity. I know that everyday life is the real teacher, but only when we are also open to the wonder of that touch of the eternal. It is from the years of pain I lived through that I learned a little about the suffering of others and possible ways of transformation. I am thankful for both.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 11:54:03 AM by Tony Crisp »

Monica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »
I really appreciate the time you've spent in answering! It's wonderful, thank you very much! I sure have a lot of work to do. All your posts are great, I've read not just the dream interpretation but also articles which are very insightful. In fact some of them I've had in mind when working in a painting project that I ended just a couple of months ago. I was working with the images of dreams, trying to "unveil" them, maybe translate them into a more understandable language of perceptions, but at some point it was just like you said, it become the dream itself what I had to say, to re-enact, activate in some way... I've tried what is said in the post of acting on your dream as a performance, and was a wonderful, spiritual experience that left me both, amazed but also bewildered... I think a lot about bringing my experience in a way that can be helpful and valuable to others, to show the love of God and the spiritual connection that we all share like humans. I'm happy and grateful for my dreams and work and hope returning this grateful and loving feeling to people.
Thanks again for sharing your wisdom!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
Monica - Thanks for giving my such interesting feedback.

What you wrote about, "... acting on your dream as a performance, and it was a wonderful, spiritual experience that left me both, amazed but also bewildered."

I would very much like to hear more about that experience, and what about it that left you bewildered.

Knowing such things helps me to see what maybe I need to explain more fully or differently, or to give more encouragement.

Tony