Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Possessed by a Demon - Imported from Comments  (Read 3565 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Possessed by a Demon - Imported from Comments
« on: October 13, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »
Tiffany

Over the years, I’ve had similar dreams of being possessed by a demon. It takes over my body at times. I NEVER see it. It’s just there when I’m dreaming. EVERYTIME, in my dream, I yell vulgar curse words at it, it gets very angry. The dream ALWAYS takes place in my house. It’s always night time. At one point in a previous dream, I experienced sleep paralysis. I SERIOUSLY, at another point in time, had several dreams in a short period of time that I thought I needed to see a priest because it scared me SO bad. The leave such an unsettling feeling during & after. Sometimes, it wants to violate me. So Tone ever have something similar happen? Thanks!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Possessed by a Demon - Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »
Tiffany – Yes, in fifty years of recording and exploring my dreams I have met and fought with the Devil, been terrified of zombies and eventually overcome them, because it took me ages to realise that whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

As an example: I was getting ready to leave and this dark haired guy told me I couldn’t leave, I felt scared and was going to leave anyways, he pulled out a pistol and shot me in the stomach, I fell down, but there was no blood. The thoughts in my head was, “OH NO”. Next thing I remember is that I was still on the floor in the same place and I got up and I remembered being shot but I didn’t seem to have any pain or blood and was moving normally etc. I started looking for a way to leave I was sneaking around trying not to get noticed so that I could get out of there without the shooter guy seeing me. 

The interesting thing in the example is that even though she could see no hurt came from being shot, yet she was still scared of the guy with the shooter. And it is overcoming such fears that can release you from terror and hurts that haunt us.

The fear you have seems to centre around being violated. It may be that you therefore defend yourself against sex even in your dreams. This causes enormous tension and produces awful dreams.

See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/zombie-zombies/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-devil/

Tony
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 12:15:29 PM by Tony Crisp »