Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We are Polyamorous - Imported from Comments  (Read 3892 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
We are Polyamorous - Imported from Comments
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:44:48 AM »
BR

Hello,
I recently had a dream that my lover and I were talking with some woman I've never met over Skype (we are polyamorous) and my lover walked out of the room to get something. I remained at the computer with the woman. It was assumed that neither of us knew the woman very well yet but based on the fact that she was pleasuring herself underneath a blanket while we were all on a video call, I believe there was a sexual relationship there. We had not met this woman in person yet.

Now this woman was beginning to enjoy herself very much and hearing the sounds she made caused me to enjoy myself too. Then I see my lover lying next to her and rather than the woman using her own hand to pleasure herself as I thought, it turns out that my lover was avitally the one pleasuring her. For a moment I am thrown off, confused and hurt because it turns out that my lover has known this woman long before me and yet never told me about her although it is clear he has a very intimate relationship with her and is still with her.

My lover removes the blanket that was covering them and shows me what they are doing, essentially involving me in their interactions, as he continues to pleasure her to the finish. This causes my previous feelings to be pushed aside and I feel pleasure as well finishing off with the woman though I have not been touched. I woke up very disturbed, with the confused, hurt feelings still lingering inside me.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:47:16 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: We are Polyamorous - Imprted from Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »
BR – In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gave us life and continues to express as spontaneous movement in dreams, in our breathing and heartbeat – our life. This I have given the description as the Life Will.

This Life Will, because it has a much larger reference base than our human, personal self, often has a different view of our actions. I don’t see it as a moralising view, but one based on our innate homeostatic process - The tendency of the body to seek and maintain a condition of balance or equilibrium within its internal environment, even when faced with external changes. The action also works with out mental as well as our physical self.

So I see your dream as a way to attempt a balancing of your life activity. Your conscious self and your Life core have different feelings, so you experience feeling ‘disturbed, with the confused, hurt feelings still lingering inside me.’

But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was and is an immense step, and leaves us very vulnerable, and still does. Look around at the number of people who have to take anti-depressants, or who have to use alcohol every day, or smoke or take other drugs – all means of facing the difficulty of meeting self awareness.

Obviously we are in the midst of huge personal and social change, and to find peace we may need to balance the needs of our personal life with our core process. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/  also http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Tony