Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cannibalism and deer legs?  (Read 3880 times)

Yoma

• View Profile
Cannibalism and deer legs?
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:51:15 PM »
Hello Tony!
I had this very awkward dream about a woman talking bout her most cruel life experience. So i was on a huge boat and i was some kind of scientist making all kind of crucial discoveries that could save the world's animals, i guess. Some agency tried to kidnap me but instead i kidnapped thier leader,a woman. She herself attempted to capture me but she couldnt. "Few years later" i hear her voice and her story about how she and her daughter were held hostages in a forest preserved by me (full of wild animals and experimental creatures formed by combining animals DNA)  and how she tried to escape it,but she was so hungry and helpless and at some point her daughter died of hunger and she ate her own daughter and suddnely started to cry because she relalized what she did and i suddenly literally got in her place and i was actually the one telling the story,but i dont know how instead of human legs i had deer legs. And i would run so fast along the forest and kept hearing and visualizing those images of that cruel moment when she/i ate that girl and before i woke up i heard my old scientist voice telling me "that girl didnt die of hunger,she died of some disease. I knew it long before that and i was trying to create an immortal cute animal that develloped the exact same eyes of that girl. Her mother went crazy before i could offer her that gift. She used to work here for me,i didnt keep her hostage. She went crazy when her girl died and i tried to reproduce at least her eyes,to keep her sane and alive." Im not really sure what to think of this dream. The "hotspots" or "keywords" that keep me busy are: deer legs,eyes, cannibalism. I cant make any connections. I usually tend to decipher my dreams myself,on a basic lvl at least. Could you please help me with your toughts?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:56:24 PM by Yoma »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Cannibalism and deer legs?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
Yoma – Because I help people explore their own dreams I have seen again and again that all the people, animals, places you see in your dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images.

That means that the cruel thing has happened to you, and the dream appears to be an attempt to help you see what really happened.

Also cannibalism in dreams is very different from doing it in waking life. For instance a friend of mine dreamt she was eating her own thighs. Because she had fasted for many days she could see that she was in fact eating her own leg muscles, because otherwise more important body organs would have been used as nourishment.

You start the dream as a scientist saving the worlds animals, which translates as – You are using your rational and investigative mind to try to save your own important instinctive nature. Above all else, we share with our fellow creatures our existence in a physical body we have inherited from a long line of forebears and pre-human animals. From this long past we carry traits and urges, fears and dispositions that underpin our self aware human personality. In dreams, these largely unconscious responses to what we face in life are shown as animals. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

Your investigation uncovered what had happened to you; your personality has been influenced – kidnapped – by the pain of a traumatic event that happened in your childhood.

There are two versions of the story, a mothering instinct in you, and you view of what happened from the investigative viewpoint. Held as hostage means that because we avoid anything linked with pain we repress it, so in a sense it dies. Eating her own daughter may mean she/you chewed over in your dream/inner self what happed, in order to understand and heal. So you, “got in her place and I was actually the one telling the story, but I don’t know how instead of human legs I had deer legs. And I would run so fast along the forest and kept hearing and visualizing those images of that cruel moment when she/I ate that girl and before I woke up I heard my old scientist voice telling me "that girl didn’t die of hunger, she died of some disease.”

My suggestion is that you really imagine yourself as that girl and her mother and allow any feelings to emerge. It may be difficult because for years you have repressed the actual memory and tried to make it into a story of a girl and her mother. Use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/trauma/#Examples

Tony