Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 6 feet under alone, in the dark, cold, screaming - Imported from Comments  (Read 3529 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Hi Tony,

I'm Tera, I had a dream I was buried alive 6 feet under alone, in the dark, cold, screaming to get out, heart racing, crying! This dream happened last night and I woke up at 4:44 a.m. freaked out! I couldn’t go back to sleep, and was thinking about how to live longer, quitting smoking, exercise etc. It’s like a weight I’m carrying heavy with me today. What does it mean and what can I do? Please God don’t let this be a reoccurring dream! I’m overwhelmed!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 6 feet under alone, in the dark, cold, screaming - Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:34:35 AM »
Tera - Whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

Perhaps without being really aware of it, you already know your body is a screen. When you see a film or read a book you might be moved to laugh or cry, or shout out in fear. Considering that the book and film are not reality, what is happening? Well, the outside images or words are helping you to experience things upon the sensitive screen of your body and mind. You had buttons pressed that produced fear, anxiety, sexual excitement or any mixture of feelings.

We all have a keyboard of feelings that when pressed can cause us to feel all manner of things. It is usually outside things that cause the reactions, so we may feel fear, sexy, hope, confidence, terror, wonder, curiosity, lost or courageous; so in a way we are victims of what other people and the world do to us. Dreams are a way of showing us what victims we are, running away when a wild animal chases us in the dream, or a demon says it will claim us – means all your buttons were pressed.

You appear to be a person who frequently feels deep anxiety, your dream is simply images you created in that way. Such anxiety can lead to other problems. But you can learn to quiet such extreme emotions by learning to slow your breath.

The aim of the ‘slow breath’ method is to breathe naturally-abdominally-but to breathe as slowly as comfort allows. It must be comfortable, however, as the aim is to induce quiet of mind and emotions, and if you are struggling with the method it defeats its own purpose. So there must be no gasping for breath because you are breathing too slowly. Find a rhythm that is slow but not making you out of breath.

Therefore, slowly breathe in counting to see how long this takes. Then exhale to the same count. There is no need to concentrate on anything except the beautiful slowness of the breath. This takes practice, so do not hope to find the great quietness right away.

You need to use this slow breathing for at least 15 to 20 minutes each day, longer if you can manage it. Keep the practice running daily for three months. This insures real physical and mental changes. It also puts in place new habits, meaning that after that period you will find you will be breathing more slowly as a natural rather than induced pattern.

You must realise that you are gradually changing very deeply seated habits that have been with you a lifetime. Taking hold of the breath and controlling it is like taking hold of your nervous system, or body, and gradually altering the way it responds to events and thoughts. It is a bit like taking a wild animal and gently taming it. There should be no force or conflict involved. Gradually you will see that your way of dealing with, or responding to, difficult emotions, fears and stressful events, is changing. You feel more able to meet difficulties, allowing you to grow as a person, and be more creative.

Tony