Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shattered glass  (Read 3428 times)

josh

• View Profile
Shattered glass
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:05:07 AM »
I need your help with a dream. This is the dream: I had move to a new home. The house was more like an old barn. I was in a large room, perhaps the living room, talking to a TV celebrity. I looked at the walls and noticed that the prior resident has left a lot of things behind. There were objects inside a large glass box attached to one wall. When I touched it, the glass splattered all over. The glass shattered and looks like it was raining inside, but instead of water drops, it was sparkling pieces of glass raining all over. I instinctively closed my eyes to protect myself. One of my siblings entered the room and I yelled out to be careful and to close her eyes as she can be hurt with the glass. Any ideas?  Thank you for your help!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Shattered glass
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
Josh – The dream shows you going through quite a big personal change. Change is an enormous part of existence. As I was thinking about your dream I watched a young woodpecker with extreme caution looking at a feeding box fitted on a shed. The bird moved about looking and listening about twelve times before it went to the food, but then it flew away immediately. Most humans do not show that sort of caution when making decisions.

But each of us are immersed in a ‘river’ of constant change. If you think about it you have been carried, pushed, impelled by this current as you were moved through babyhood, childhood, teenage and adulthood. And as we passed through these changes we died to our old self in order to change to the new. It is the current of Life. This current then carries us on through old age and through the gates of death. All the time we are faced by decisions, and each decision directs us on a different path, helping to create our future. And this is a force of growth and change; and is fought like hell by many as we are afraid of such changes, especially getting old and facing death.

It seems the move you are making is to a condition or attitude you have inherited from the past – maybe from your ancestors or your own past – perhaps the traits contained in your seed, the seed planted in your mother’s womb, that is as old, and even older than human kind, past from generation to generation, and you carry that in you.

As you said, “the prior resident has left a lot of things behind”. All the people, animals, places you see in your dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. So they are certainly things that are related to you.

The shattering glass you reacted to in a protective way. But whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

So, in a way you fear prevented you from experience a wonder that may be part of your potential you have inherited from your long past.

If you can do it, you can explore the depths of your dream by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/exploring-a-dream-2/

Tony