Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream Image  (Read 3918 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Dream Image
« on: November 27, 2017, 02:24:38 PM »
Black dog lying in front of or against a black door.  It looked like the inside of a door and not the outside.  I could not tell if the dog was sleeping or dead.

(In reality I have moved into a home where the owner owns a large black dog.  It is a Bouvier des Flandres and yes it was the one in the dream.  I have never liked dogs and have been especially afraid of big ones.  I love THIS dog.

In the past I have dreamt about having a big black dog on a leash.  At the time I thought of it as having my aggression on a leash.  And yes I have feared others aggression...and my own death from it.  I have lied, pretended, sought to please, and abandoned others because of my fear of aggression.

I am not sure how this relates to the door.)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream Image
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:46:11 AM »
Christine – Well, you haven’t given a lot of information about the actual dream. I usually ask people to read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/give-us-enough-information/

But the other information helps. So the black dog in dreams – and it doesn’t matter at all that you live with a black dog, and what a great dog – represents that your mammal inside you, a mammal that is fairly well ‘house trained’ is still only now becoming a part of you, and you are only just becoming aware of it. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain

The door represents a barrier, which might relate to how you restrict the expression of your mammalian self. You can always close the door again, but imagine being in the dream and opening the door and see what the dog does.

It might be you are meeting your fear of aggression and gradually transforming it.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
Re: Dream Image
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »
Thank you Tony.  I have been feeling like a mammal lately...warm blooded and solid...so that description resonates.

I do not dream as much as I used to...that night I only remembered that image.  Of course I will read through the information in the links.