Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sleep paralysis and further  (Read 5631 times)

KateUK

• View Profile
Sleep paralysis and further
« on: December 09, 2017, 09:27:04 AM »
Hi again Tony

Would love some advice on this.

I often go through phases (usually over several consecutive nights) of feeling under-attack in a physical sense. I used to suffer from sleep paralysis which I was able to rationalise quite easily, however I have had several lucid dreams since the summer and I think there might be some astral projection going on. Without doubt, my dreams are a little out of control and sometimes they information comes through so fast and is so nonsensical that they often don't feel like my dreams at all.

More disturbingly, during these times I experience a type of sleep paralysis which is much more localised and I sometimes feel as though my energetic body is somehow being touched e.g. my head being turned from side to side, my legs being moved apart, even occasionally it has felt a bit like I'm being strangled. Sometimes there is a sexual nature to it. I say energetic body as I'm certain my physical body lies there as normal, but as with a lucid dream it feels completely real. As though there's an invisible human with me. It replicates sleep paralysis as I have to fight to break out of it. Even on once occasion, biting! Of course, like any other dream, I try to shout but I can't get the words out. Which adds to my perception that this is something which happens energetically. (For sure, there is no actual person in the room with me!) Most of the time I have my eyes open when it's happening but it's always when I'm drifting in or out of sleep.

I wouldn't say there were any very specific emotions accompanying this. I'm shocked by it and perhaps there is fear but it doesn't feel as palpable as I would expect. It still feels quite dream like. It has sometimes left me feeling quite "haunted" the day after and saddened by it. I've experienced similar things for years but only this year has brought these lucid dreams and this human-like "tustle". I've had a pretty great year for self healing and wellness. Stress has been there for sure and I've had to face some difficult times, but I'm feeling very open, very happy and grounded. I'm certain my mental health is fine.

I really hope you can advise. As you can imagine it's not easy to think where to go with this! (I have spoken with a Shamanic healer, and a medium just for opinions)

Many thanks, Kate

KateUK

• View Profile
Re: Sleep paralysis and further
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »
I should add, this dream-like human is completely invisible. I have no visual association to it, just the feelings

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »
Dear Kate – I will share my feelings – that you are fighting your greatest healer. But let me explain.

Waking consciousness exists as a tiny part of the total being it manifests in. Maybe I am exaggerating, but in its tiny room it has a few buttons it presses and the voluntary muscles move. There are a few screens which, through some of the body senses give a view of a tiny range of the phenomena of the universe. The rest of our being, the remainder of the universe, we give the cover-all name of unconsciousness. It simply means – we are not aware of it. It is a bit like having a web camera stuck in a certain place, and that is all you can see through it – yet there is the whole wide web to explore. But when we start to see beyond our webcam we often get scared.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking them, and it is a shock.

In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gave us life and continues to express as spontaneous movement in dreams, in our breathing and heartbeat – our Life. This I have given the description as the Life Will.

While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we sleep and dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep.

This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will, all that while we sleep and dream. For simplicity I have called this experience, of what is actually waking lucid dreaming, see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/

The Life Will is usually blocked in its ability to express in waking consciousness its ability to move our body, our voice and all our energy functions, by a part of the brain the pons. It does this to protect us from injuring ourselves while sleeping. But we can, if we overcome our fears, allow it to express while awake. Links to hpw this can happen can be seen in The Waking Lucid Dream.

The Life Will is the self regulating – homeostatic – function that all the time keeps us alive. But because we feel we must always be in control we fight any spontaneous action, and so put ourselves at risk. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

You have been experiencing the Life Will, often called the spiritual force trying to move you toward inner growth. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/growth-of-something/

Tony

KateUK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
Dearest Tony

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me. And for taking the time to write back in such detail. It's something which has perplexed me for so many months, because the pressure around my throat for example feels like an attack of sorts. However, as a vital chakra point I have wondered whether something else is really going on.

I am going to read the articles with alacrity. And if it happens again and I'm conscious to it, I will try not to fight back

As ever, in ever admiration of your work here

Kate

KateUK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Reading the first article, the waking lucid dream... I had one last question to ask if I may and perhaps you've already answered. I'm not certain that my physical body is actually moving - it feels exactly like it is, but I sense that it's not. For example, on the first occasion this happened it felt like I was lifted out of bed, sat onto the side of the bed and then carried through the air. That time it felt wonderful, as though I was being held with delicate care but I'm pretty sure at no point does my physical body actually move. Would this fit into the waking lucid dream category do you think?

Warmest wishes,
Kate

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »
KateUK - In the state you were in - strung between two very different dimensions of experience, almost anything is possible. The throat chakra is often a point of great tensions and so almost a fight; partly because when we let it go we really let go in a way our conscious personality is not used to.

To gain insight into the process I suggest reading http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ and http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/peoples-experiences-of-lifestream/

It might also add something to read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dimensions-of-human-experience/ and maybe http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/going-beyond/

Despite our schooling and reading, there is so much still to learn about our own miracle of Life.

Tony

KateUK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 09:30:03 AM »
Thank you Tony.

You've definitely opened up my dream world. Now that I know what it is, things have moved on positively. As you have highlighted by sending the first article. this life force and the feelings I feel in and around my physical body is a pre cursor for a waking lucid dream with full visual experience etc. The first few nights I was still not fully understanding the concept so was waiting for action rather than directing it, therefore my unconscious picked up on my emotions which were fear of the unknown and so I experienced a ghoulish girl in my bedroom and a pronounced voice (stale breath and all) telling me something like "Kate, pull up... something" which I couldn't understand at all. All whilst lying in bed and very much feeling awake. It confused me these first few nights as it felt so ghostly.

But then I read a bit more and rationalised it yesterday morning realising it was nightmare invented by my mind just as with any nightmare. It just happened to be while I was somewhat awake. And now I understand totally that I have to "direct the movie", so last night I did that and I left my body and travelled to a lovely beach and then up into a starry sky.

Reading your articles, I have somehow visualised the life force as a kind of external healer. I think I made the mistake the first few nights of not fully understanding the process and therefore the ghost figure appeared and to some extend could be construed as a healer because of the message I received, but the images soon turned very scary. So it was a less positive first experience of the waking lucid dream.

But last night, when I was directing the dream, the life force again was an external figure (a happy young woman) but the experience was nice, even motherly. And she didn't emerge until I left my bedroom and was in the beach. So it was less frightening. As the life force presence feels so much like human touch, I think naturally it's somehow easier to imagine it as a healing person, even though it has come from my own psyche.

So just wanted to let you know how it all transpired! And to thank you again for finally guiding me to understand what's been going on these past few months

Kate x

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 10:38:18 AM »
Thanks Kate.

I want to remind you - Despite our schooling and reading, there is so much still to learn about our own miracle of Life.

Tony

KateUK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
Thank you. Yes I'm certainly very enthusiastic but I truly take heed of what you say

K x