Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I have "stopped" dreaming for over a year now ...  (Read 5722 times)

Cggn2527

• View Profile
I have "stopped" dreaming for over a year now ...
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:44 AM »
Aloha Tony,

I am really glad to have found your site.  I have been really bothered lately by the fact I feel I have "stopped" dreaming.  I know this is impossible, but I have no recollection of my dreams.  It has probably been about a year now, perhaps even more where I have not been remembering or interacting with my dreams.  I am wondering what my soul is doing during my sleeping time.  The only dreams I have been having, and remember are all within the same theme and are of an ex lover really judging me.  I seem to only remember the negative and painful dreams which are not often, but I find it is odd that these are the ones I can recall when I wake up.   

I used to have very spiritual dreams and feel I connected with my guides but it has been so silent.  I am worried about where my soul is going during my sleeping time.  If you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated.  Once in a while (maybe four or five times in the past year) I have had very short lucid dreams but they are nothing that I can control, I am just aware that it is a dream. 

Any guidance you could offer would be such a great help

Thank you so much,

Chelsea

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I have "stopped" dreaming for over a year now ...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
Aloha Chelsea – Or from my part of the world, “Dda i gwrdd â chi”. I live in Wales, the Celts.

I would not have been able to answer your question of why you have not been remembering your dreams if it were not for a similar year long experience of my own. For a whole year I couldn’t break through, until one day I asked myself the question, “Why am I stuck”? The answer from within was, “If you know this the answer may well break up your marriage.” I did want to know and the knowing led to me breaking up my marriage.

So I am guessing that, as you said you have been, “used to have very spiritual dreams and feel I connected with my guides but it has been so silent.” In other words you are not letting your dreams do their work of clearing out the rubbish and nightmares you are not facing.

People tend to believe that the spiritual path is all light and beauty but the truth is a seed does not suddenly appear, for no plant or tree grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old, and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom in you.

A seed is a return to the source of life and it/our beginnings under the sun. Consciousness on our planet started in the slime of creation, the slime we return to, to procreate. And from that slime which is a vehicle for our seed to exist in, our awareness goes through the whole process of evolution, the dividing of cells, the forming of structure and organs, the creation of a creature with gills, and on to a human type form ready to breathe air, carrying our seed onwards.

So you, as the sum total of life through many earthly existences, have much of the past to deal with. A cleansing process is the next step. The ‘spiritual’ experiences were to help the ego/personality gain confidence, now the real work can begin. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/  - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/

Cggn2527

• View Profile
Re: I have "stopped" dreaming for over a year now ...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
Tony,

Thank you so much for your response.  It feels really great to hear that you have experienced this same thing.  I will definitely listen to your advice and your words deeply resonate. 

This is spot on ;)  "In other words, you are not letting your dreams do their work of clearing out the rubbish and nightmares you are not facing."

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com