Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A dream of a heron and an otter  (Read 4905 times)

diogm800

• View Profile
A dream of a heron and an otter
« on: December 15, 2017, 12:42:47 PM »
Hello all, first post here ^^  although I have been using the dictionary for some time :)

I was looking at the horizon when I saw a heron flying, didn't really pay much attention, only when the heron was closer and coming towards me. It came with an injured leg and a big blue egg. Once it was near me it looked to me for a few seconds and got even closer and just went to a sleeping pose, covering the egg and being covered by me.  I remember staying there with it and a friend came to me and i explained what happened.
* I have a feeling that something happened in between these two instances but don't remember what clearly, I had a 2nd dream tonight, maybe was the same even *
But after talking to my friend suddenly the heron was a talking otter and I just stayed there with it taking care of the otter, i remember looking at its leg and it was healed but a bit amputated. The otter was actually happy, comfortable, kinda acting like a dog. I remember asking it "Are you comfortable like that?" and it replied "Yes, I remembered that this position was comfortable." while it was with its belly up like dogs usually are. ;D

PS: That big blue egg was not seen in the dream anymore at the point where I talked with my friend.

Thoughts on this? :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A dream of a heron and an otter
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Diogm88 – A lovely dream, and it shows what a caring nature you have.

The big blue egg represents, like all dream images, something that is a part of you, but often a part you are not fully aware of. Dream images are like icons on a computer screen - you have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive.
Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills, like http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

But it probably is a potential connected with your wider often unseen self – it is ready to become more a part of your daily life. The heron is connected with the uprising and descending divine energies, which I have tried to explain in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/snake-dreams/ Also see http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/extending-your-awareness/

The change from bird to mammal shows that your potential in the egg has begun to evolve/release. Your caring response to the Heron allowed the mammal you have in your brain to express itself. That is a definite step toward greater integration of the many aspects of being you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/#mammalbrain

That it talked with you shows that you are person who can listen to your being deeply. For a dream is something that comes from a deep part of you; it is something that is working upwards toward being conscious. As such it often, like a seed, takes time to break through to the surface, and then it has to grow. So, often dreams are not recognised for their full meaning until later – sometimes months or even longer. The dream images are attempts to communicate something that has probably never been thought about or even been consciously thought about, so has never been put into common conscious thinking before. It is a communication from the depths, from beyond thought, and so any interpretations that are given by thinking may completely miss the point.

Tony

diogm800

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »
Hello Tony,  thank you so much for the input and for that reading material.  You gave me a lot to digest. :)
I am going through confusing times in all areas of my life, trying to find a clear direction while not losing myself.
It's hard keeping faith in the universe but I'm trying not to fall once again even when nothing seems to be working out.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:51:46 AM »
Diogm88 - Well the dream gave you a thumbs up sign, which considering it took place deep in you, is a great promise for your future.

Looking at the horizon is another sign that the dream is about the future you are moving toward.

Take courage.

Tony

diogm800

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 03:20:33 PM »
I want to believe that and I have indeed been feeling better lately, but the dreams that came the following nights after seem like the reverse is going to happen, but only one made me write this post ...
Do you believe in premonitory dreams? It went as follows...

I had a cat helping me find a different shelter every night and avoid skeletons (that barely reacted). This was not much of a big deal for me, the uneasy part was that after some repetitions of the same thing, the cat got really sick but continued to helping me and I noticed more cats scattered all around the hill, all looking in one direction in an alerting pose - a storm was  brewing and I could just see it's colours. Suddenly my cat guide was so sick that it went uphill and jumped down to its own death. I had to find shelter alone that night, when I did there were two more people and kissed one which made me feel more secure, making me wake up.

As I try to do what you suggested it actually feels like that some kind of storm is coming to my life and the cats seem like a message that I can't understand.

After writing all this (I actually wrote about another dream but deleted the text) it felt like I could understand the dreams a little better, or got more insight into them. Maybe I should really take writing as a hobby :)

Wishing all of you a merry christmas!

Diogo

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 08:25:44 AM »
Diogo – The promise of a better life often comes before facing all the rubbish and childhood pains we have stored in us.

An inner journey is travelling through new territory; it means an enlargement of you, and becoming aware of more of what you have inside you. It is like going deeper into you and the first level we meet is all our past actions that are not in accord with our best. We need to clean out our negative karma before we can feel the good inside us.

The cats can represent many things, but the cats in your dream showed awareness of something coming, maybe a hidden secret you hold. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/karma-and-past-lives/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/mountain-path/