Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cautious of Love and Success  (Read 3990 times)

horizen

• View Profile
Cautious of Love and Success
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:41:49 PM »
Last week I dreamt there was wonderful orchestral music wafting through the air.  There was a concert up ahead of me, not too far.  I decided to follow the music.  When I walked up the hill and turned the corner and entered the back of the theater I saw a large orchestra being conducted by a man who was highly successful.  I watched as he instructed the strings to do one thing, the flutes to adjust their vibratto, etc...he was very busy, skilled at multitasking, and in leading a lot of people, and he was holding it all together beautifully!  He seemed to be big wig in this thriving town.  An important, successful, responsible man, who really had his stuff together.  It's not until he speaks and turns around that I realize this is the same man I used to know, who had pursued me at one time.  He says "I'm going to tell her I love her!"  Announcing it to the whole auditorium and all his colleagues, while looking directly at me across the theater.  When I realize who it is, I get a quick shock, and turn away, breaking eye contact.  I am afraid he is talking about me.  And of course, while on one hand I am so happy to see him again (and shocked that he would still feel this way) I am of course in no way ready for this.  I turn away, and immediately walk out of theater, back the way I came from.  I am not ready for any of this! He is clearly very busy and in demand, but he leaps off the stage and heads after me.  I go into a store to evade him. Hoping to blend into obscurity.  When he enters the same store, I casually turn my back and look down as if I am busy browsing, so that he doesn't notice me.  He leaves the store and walks off into the bustling productive town.  He has a purposeful stride.  It is a nice, upscale, college town? Beautiful tall buildings.  When I feel it is safe, I try to follow from a distance.  I could only get so far, before I lost him.  I'd waited to long before I lifted my gaze up from the floor.  I knew he lived in one of these lofty buildings.  Which one?  I had no idea.  I give up for now, and turn away.  I sensed he was also a teacher, in addition to conducting a business (symbolized by the orchestra) and responsible for coordinating and working with a network of people.  It seemed like he had everything working splendidly in life, busy with a bustling career, multitasking, respected, successful.  He had everything and was ready for the one thing that was missing in his life - love.  Then he would be on top of the world.  I was buzzing with happiness for a few days after having this dream!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Cautious of Love and Success
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:25 PM »
Horizen – Come on – you must know that this man is a part of you. I remember once when I crashed my car in a dream, and was so pleased about. I had obviously undermined my intentions to be a success. Also to succeed you have to give up all the excuses one has about not being good enough etc.

Why not imagine your evading self meeting and becoming a single person with the successful you and so merging all of you. For he is most likely your inner male - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-the-male-in-the-female

Tony