Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Door I was Never Allowed To Open - Imported from Comments  (Read 3388 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
A Door I was Never Allowed To Open - Imported from Comments
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »
Jane

In my dream, I am in my house. Not my house in real life, it’s my house in the dream world. I walk around a floor that I abandoned a long time ago and have come back to look for a door. I find a beautiful wooden, green door in a dark hallway with a flickering light on the ceiling. I had brought cleaning supplies with me and I proceed to clean the door. I get on a step ladder because the door is large and I get rid of all the webs, dust, and pieces of scotch tape I had put on it when I was a child. I had never opened that door. I feel alone and sad as I clean the door and think of something that happened in childhood that forced me to abandon that door. The memory is so vague that I just stand against the wall and wonder why this door was never opened. Someone please help interpret this dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A Door I was Never Allowed To Open - Imported from Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 12:42:46 PM »
Jane – The door represent an area of your life, like abilities or parts of you that you were never allowed to express or live.

Example: A woman had a recurring dream in which she discovered a door in her house she had never seen before. Beyond it was a whole apartment she has never known or used. It was obviously an area of her life she had never lived in, but she had no idea what. So I suggested to her to use her imagination and enter the room and allow any spontaneous feelings and images to arise. A soon as she imagined entered the apartment she began to remember and feel again things that had happened in her childhood. Her mother and father had separated when she was very young, and her mother had constantly presented her father as weak and of no value. But the feelings that arose were of the love of beauty and art that her father had shared and helped unfold in her. But she had kept that part of her closed because of what her mother had said. Now it was open to her again and she could allow it to unfold further in her life.

So Jane I would suggest you imagine opening that door while awake and explore what feelings and or images arise. It may be difficult because of the event that put the block inside you. But because the dream has occurred it is a sign that you are now strong enough to face and move beyond what happened to you years ago. So please try it again and again until it works. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/