Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Writers Block  (Read 3407 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Writers Block
« on: February 11, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
Purvi

Hello Tony,
I have been attempting to start writing a screenplay but have not been getting any ideas and am unable to get the writing process started.

I had a curious dream where S. a woman I know who is a sculptor speaks of her sister-in-law (a famous actress) V.
She says V's handwriting is beautiful and she is also skilled in writing couplets. I add that she also looks good.  V's husband mentions that V is writing couplets and I say "wow, all preparations for "Mughal-e-Azam" (the name of the film she will be acting in which translates as "the Great Mughal". Mughals = great Islamic rulers).

There is an empty fountain in the middle of a city/town square. There is a tap next to it. The woman S washes her feet under the tap. I realize that I also could have done that instead of carrying a round, shiny, metal vessel to fill the water from the tap. I leave the vessel there filled with clear water so it could be used to dip our feet in.

I feel a twinge of envy that V is so talented and married to a good-looking and successful man as well as being a famous and successful actress herself.

Your guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Regards, Purvi

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Writers Block
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 11:51:31 AM »
Purvi – Scientific research has found that your brain registers 11 million bits of information every second; for your brain is a mega-computer. So the friend S. that you know is not an external person but whenever you think about a lover, a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

So each person we meet actually enlarges our own huge repertoire of mental abilities. So not only do you have a sculptor but an actress also, shown in your dream. But your dream doesn’t stop there, for in the middle of your town - your life as it interacts with the people around you. The way you express in relationship with opportunity and stress in society. Your visible social life – you have a fountain - your emotions, creativity, especially joy or love, often feel as if they move through us, flowing, and the fountain in a dream can illustrate this. In this way the fountain shows how life flows from hidden or unconscious sources and arises into awareness and feelings such as joy, but your was turned off until your inner S. turns it on.

Your envy for others is a block stopping your own amazing abilities. Remember that in the inner world of our creativity, our feelings of doubt, of envy or disbelief of our own ability are like thick brick walls that we cannot pass through.

Your dream says that you are extremely creative but standing in your own shadow – step out of it. Dream images are like icons on a computer screen - you have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills – such as http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson or any of the techniques in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony