Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marrying Myself  (Read 3616 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
Marrying Myself
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
I know that this dream is really important but I can't quite unlock the meaning. Tony, your interpretations always help so much with my personal growth.

*It was the day of my wedding. The venue was stunning, it was the afternoon and the sun was shining. I was dressed and ready and waiting for my groom, I felt really at one within myself. The guests started to arrive and there was a real party vibe, I wasn't hidden away as is traditional I was with my guests mingling and talking. As the time passed, I had a sense that the groom was running late. I didn't worry too much at first but then I had a knowing that he wasn't going to show up. I called him, and I could tell from the tone of just the way he said 'hello' that he wasn't coming. At first, I felt so much sadness and I wanted to cry. Then I started worrying about what I was going to do. The emotion passed through me really quickly and I felt this resolve to turn it around. I knew that I was going to be ok. I knew what I was going to do. I didn't want to waste this beautiful occasion and all the effort that everyone had put in so I decided to marry myself!
I was waiting for the right moment to tell the guests. Meanwhile, the party was ramping up, the sun was going down and people were dancing. The vibe was so beautiful, people didn't seem worried that there was no groom but I thought: 'they must be wondering what is happening'. I was rehearsing my vows to myself in my head - trying to work out what I might say. That's where the dream ended.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Marrying Myself
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 09:18:52 AM »
Miemoo – Marrying yourself is the end game – but usually it is the masculine side of yourself you marry in order to become a whole person.

“When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner as the outer, and the upper as the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male shall not be male, and the female shall not be female: . . . then you will enter [the kingdom].” Quoted from ‘The Gnostic Apostle Thomas’

Sometimes marriage refers to what our energy or drive is uniting us with – such as a new business venture or creative scheme. So what feeling or state of mind where you hoping to unite with?

Marriage is about penetrative sex with the opposite gender in order to produce offspring. If such a union does not take place between a man and woman there is no marriage and so no need for divorce. But although the point of marriage is procreation, in dreams the creation of a child still takes place as many woman and men have dream children – which are the birth of a new part of oneself. It is a bringing to consciousness of a new part of you that has been developing but remained previously unexpressed. Such births need to be honoured even though there is no physical sign of a child. So the new dreamt baby is a vulnerable part of you that needs care to grow and become a real part of your waking life.

So I wonder whether in future dreams you will create a new part of yourself. But in the dream you hadn’t actually got married; so time will tell where you go now. But your feelings all show a readiness for marriage. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony