Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lightning strikes  (Read 3409 times)

Elena

• View Profile
Lightning strikes
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »
hello Everyone. Hello Tony

I would like to ask for some help to interpret a dream that i had recently.

I am in some house that is not mine and I've never been to before. There are other people as well. But its more knowing that they are there, rather then seeing them and who they are. Suddenly the lightning starts striking. And it comes inside the house. Through the roof and the walls. We are trying to hide, but its not just striking anywhere, its specifically going after people. I'm terrified. I suddenly see my friend there with her son (in waking life this friend just left her husband and took her kids back to her home country) I scream to her that she needs to hide. That moment the lightning strikes my 2.5 year old daughter. And she is gone. I scream and cry and try to find her but she has disappeared, the next moment I see the lightning goes for my mom and she also disappears (she is my mom and my husband at the same time in this dream) The lightning keeps striking looking for us, my friend and I try to hide, and I suddenly realise that it only strikes people that have metal on them,  silver jewellery particularly. I try to tell my friend to take off her accessories, but she can not hear me... and then I wake up.

I don't know if its related but before going to sleep my husband and I had sex and I felt repulsed by him. I wanted to stop. But i didn't say anything. This happened a couple times in the past but I was pregnant back then.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:45:49 AM by Tony Crisp »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Lightning strikes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »
Elena – I guess you looked at the entry ‘Lightning’; so I will try to open it up for you.

The house is actually yours, but is about attitudes or views of life you fail to recognise as yours probably because you don’t want to face what they indicate. The people and your friend are also aspects of yourself - See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/characters-or-people-in-dreams/ - and read 1 and 2 of http://dreamhawk.com/news/summing-up/

You are terrified of the intense emotions you are repressing, and these shows as lightening strikes: “Sometimes information leading to a realisation builds up over time, but in a flash is put together forming a new, perhaps life changing, insight. The build up toward a change in life style or direction might similarly occur, and so may be depicted by lightning. It is the build up of tension, whether of insight or emotion, and its sudden breakthrough into consciousness that lightning represents. It represents sudden and disturbing change or release of emotions or sexuality.”

The friend left her husband and took her kids back to her home. So you are feeling, usually unconsciously, that you are tempted to leave your husband. Her silver accessories may relate to gifts given by a husband, and of course attracts the lightening/the breakthrough to realising the new you.

The repulsion you feel for your husband is a sign of difficulties caused probably by feelings that have built up that only break through on occasion. They could be from childhood traumas or things that have built up between you. If you want to keep your marriage get help to talk and heal it. If not, then the lightening has already begun the huge change in your life.

“An Old Mans Thoughts
Love and attraction for a partner are full of strange feelings. These feeling are made weird largely by the ideas and feelings we have inherited from our culture – love for ever lasting; the Right one; Soul Mates – and other strange ideas.
From the view of Spirit that I have tried to look at life from, we are all whole and have no need of sexual partners or marriage.

“..for people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.” Matthew 22:30

But life in the body is a different matter, and because the physical world is all split into dualism/opposites, and because we are mammalian animals who have only recently attained a measure of self awareness, we have  millions of years of instinct in us to seek a partner.

That means we find self awareness very stressful for we are bombarded with our instincts to have sex, and at the same time have personal awareness built out of cultural beliefs which in many women are twisted into huge romantic dreams. WOW!!! It is the way it keeps us looking.

In human life our unbalanced life, caused by believing and feeling that we have to have a partner, makes us constantly search for a man/woman. That is fine and natural, but it is turned into a bloody mess by our amazing romantic fantasies, or by neurotic tendencies caused by the misplaced sexual urge. For as far as I understand from three or four partners, and several love affairs, and from looking at people’s dreams of love, the thing we are really seeking is our own wholeness. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-the-male-in-the-female or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-anima-the-female-in-the-male/
Of course traumas we  received as a baby or child screws us up in relationships sometimes for a lifetime. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/trauma/#Kicks

So we can make do with a decent partner because it takes the edge off the search for wholeness. If we get too deep into believing we have found it in marriage, it tears us apart when it ends. But if you adjust your feelings to see a partner as a good friend and sexual partner without getting yourself screw up by jealousy or feelings about cheating, or all the other things people even commit suicide over, you are onto a good thing.”

Tony