Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Initiation  (Read 4090 times)

dreamy

• View Profile
Initiation
« on: April 10, 2018, 09:17:04 AM »
There is a huge garden.I am laying down yoga mats on the grass along with some school friends.

I am a part of a selective group of people dressed in robes and hoods performing some kind of ritual/ceremony.Soon we are to be initiated by the elders of the group.We are all Japanese in the dream ( my only connection to Japan is a recent curiousity about Zen practices ).
I come down to the ground floor to meet one of the elders of the group.It's raining a lot outside.I get into a panic when I can't find my house-keys as I feel I would be stranded outside my house without my keys so late at night and its raining so much but luckily I find I have my house-keys after all. 
There are huge books/tomes that I carry out to study and I have to put them back carefully inside the exclusive room for this group.
I am the youngest in this group.I tell them they should consider taking in younger members to pass on the tradition to.I wonder who they would ask, maybe X (an aquaintance who is a smart,successful entrepreneur and all-rounder who I admire)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Initiation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:26:20 PM »
T – Hello again, with an interesting dream, maybe a step up.

So, you start in a learning situation – school friends – lying down on yoga mats, another learning situation, presumably learning self improvement. In that position, taking account of the rest of the dream you have given up your persona efforts, making way for new ideas or impulses to arrive.

In a way, giving up personal effort is a Zen path, but giving up must not be thought of a being lazy, for it takes discipline. See https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/how-can-i-know-enlightenment/

The selection of your group takes place when one become in harmony with, or the ability realise the new for oneself. There is an old saying, "When the student is ready the Master will appear".  The readiness was done by taking up a more Japanese state of being – i.e. being ready to go beyond the intellectual stance of so many Westerners.

Going down to the ground floor expresses not being so ‘high up’ and starting to live a more down to earth life – which is the direct opposite to what many ‘spiritual’ minded people believe is the path to the spiritual life. Obviously if you are going to live a more down to earth life you will need to have the keys to your dwelling. A key can indicate any attitude, thought, realisation or feeling which opens up areas of memory, experience or motivation previously ‘locked up’. A realisation or information which allows solution to a problem; also depicts an effective way of doing something. But a key is also for locking things, making them unavailable, so suggests losing or holding back on parts of you.

Then you contact huge tomes – these are areas of your past experience that are so full of amazing information that is probably just very much an opening to wonders. Dream images are like icons on a computer screen – you have to ‘click’ on your dream images to make them come alive. Thinking about them doesn’t work. You need to open yourself to the magic of them. To make them into the wonderful gateways they are you may have to learn certain skills, such https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson or https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Having felt something of the immensity within you there is an urge to share it with others. It sounds like you have a task – to revive the ancient knowledge you have within you and pass it on.

Tony
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:04:02 AM by Tony Crisp »

dreamy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
Many many thanks Tony.Your insights ring so true.
This urge to share...where does it come from?In the letting go of the bundle of thoughts and emotions that was once a particular personality who is it now that feels the urge and who is it that will perform this task? Or will it gradually perform itself?
Would this dream be a kind of precognition dream ?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:48:06 AM by t »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
T – Another challenging question. The answer depends upon your viewpoint.

Humans live in two very different dimensions. The one most people identify with is the three dimensional physical world of the body. There a lot of rules to learn in this world apply; when very young we learn not to touch hot things; not to rush out into a road with moving cars. But as adults we also have learnt not to step out into space while at a height because we will fall and have a major injury or die.

The second dimension is totally different and is experienced in dreams or deep mental activity. It will surprise many people to realise that in this dimension you have no physical body, although most people are so locked into thinking that their reality is their body, that they create a dream image of themselves. But that is not all they carry with them, because they believe so much that everything is ruled by their body’s life and experience, they are also terrified of falling in dreams, they believe they can be torn apart by savage animals, also they frighten the life out of themselves with dream images of demons or even the devil, or are horrified of being shot or raped, etc. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/summing-up/

But this second dimension also arises from an aspect of our nature that is beyond time and space. So words like precognition, telepathy, prophecy are all words that link with the first dimension where we live in a life dominated by time and space, so such words do  not apply because they are descriptions of our body's 3 dimensional view of life. Thinking in that level cannot and does not understand the possibilities of the dream world beyond such barriers. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/quantum-physics/

So the answer to your question as to where the urge to share comes from, considering that you were not created by your mother and father, or your genes, for your parents are simply carriers of seeds. The Life process that unfolded that seed, so, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom or memories in you. But in this life you developed a new brain, and the memories you gathered this time are what you built your personality from, but beneath that is a very ancient self. To explore it see https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

A seed is a return to the source of life and it/our beginnings under the sun. Consciousness on our planet started in the slime of creation, the slime we return to, to procreate. And from that slime which is a vehicle for our seed to exist in, our awareness goes through the whole process of evolution, the dividing of cells, the forming of structure and organs, the creation of a creature with gills, and on to a human type form ready to breathe air, carrying our seed onwards.

Humans didn’t create that, though each of us contributes to the Universe. We are intricately linked in an immediate way to it. There is no separate existence as we previously thought. Our view of the world is not one supported by the facts of physics. Time and space are transcended. David Bohm, an eminent physicist, goes as far as to say that all things in our observable universe are inextricable linked. Nothing has separate existence.

So your urge is a part of the Universe’s urge to express its own inextricable connection with us. Simply go on living as fully in both dimensions, and you will express your own unique connection with Universe. (The term Universe, not the Universe was used by Buckminster Fuller (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckminster_Fuller) - He felt as though he was suspended several feet above the ground enclosed in a white sphere of light. A voice spoke directly to Fuller, and declared:

"From now on you need never await temporal attestation to your thought. You think the truth. You do not have the right to eliminate yourself. You do not belong to you. You belong to Universe. Your significance will remain forever obscure to you, but you may assume that you are fulfilling your role if you apply yourself to converting your experiences to the highest advantage of others".)

Tony
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:22:50 AM by Tony Crisp »