Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Movie  (Read 4561 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Movie
« on: October 28, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm watching a movie in a large concert hall. I'd come to see live music. When I arrived I was disappointed to see a guy I know to be very competetive with me, no matter how uncompetitive I am. I feel my body shiver from his horrible energy, I walk past with my head down hoping he doesn't try talk to me.  I'm annoyed they are putting on a movie, I was looking forward to the music, I didn't want to see a movie. It's a horrible one too. It's about a serial attacker who goes around cutting people's tongues out.

There are lots of close ups of tongues being dropped onto tables etc, but there is no blood and they look very healthy and clean and I think one at least is covered in fine grains of sugar. Now I'm a part of the movie, I'm outside in the late evening, it's cold, getting dark. I'm sitting at a small table and a young sinister man in his early twenties is standing nearby. He's the attacker. I do my usual 'kind person' thing, worry he is cold and try to get him to sit with me, where there is shade from the wind and where it is warmer.. of course I feel good about myself as I do this..

When I wake I'm scared and angry, here I go again, being oblivious to danger, inviting connection where other people would run a mile. 'Give what you wish to receive'  those simplistic philosophies are hard to shake, and cause a lot of trouble. My instincts, my compass around danger, broken. And all those tongues, so disturbing.

Tongue..I'm just a piece of meat. Eat me. I'm a childhood sweet. Nothing to see or hear here. Now I'm free out in the light and fresh air.
Man.. I hate, I hate, I hate. Everyone just shut uuuup. I'm the king around here. Shut your mouths.
Me the woman.. I'm afraid. Afraid afraid. The only way I can keep safe is not to anger this man, try pconnect with him somehow, otherwise he'll kill me next.

Ok now I feel differently about the dream behaviour, in fact it was probably the best approach. If someone very dangerous is near, better not show your fear, better try make things normal, nice etc.. offer them a cup of tea. Try neutralise their aggression.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:06:29 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Movie
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 10:07:46 AM »
Omega – You still appear to be seeing your dream as if it is similar to waking life – yet the dimension of dreams is so very different. How can you explain this dream – “It was a mammal of no particular type – a bit like a mixture of dog, rat and guinea pig. It seemed very ordinary and tame, and stood looking at me. I walked toward it and stretched out my hand. It was a tan colour with short fur and gave a feeling of being okay to approach, so I touched it to stroke. This was okay and I was thinking there was no problem when the creature leapt at my throat in a flash of movement and ripped my throat out.

This sounds disturbing but I simply observed this and thought to myself that stroking and trying to be friendly was no way of dealing with this thing. It was as if I was in command of the imagery in that I simply formed another body. But then it dived into me to devour me from within. The only way that felt as if I might deal with the creature was to realise I was creating the imagery so could exit it and build a new dream body. In fact apart from the gory imagery, there was nothing to be frightened of, as the creature was only attacking my dream image of myself. As I wasn’t identified with this, it couldn’t hurt me. That was the end of the dream.”

Can you see that in your dream you are playing a game of hide and seek with yourself? You are in a world of marvellous virtual reality created out of your own mind – maybe unconscious mind – where only you exist with all the characters you dream up.

You actually believe, “Me the woman; I'm afraid. Afraid, afraid. The only way I can keep safe is not to anger this man, try to connect with him somehow, otherwise he'll kill me next.”

Can you see the game you are playing – you the cowering person. Cowering invites attack, even from yourself. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/summing-up/

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 10:26:06 AM »
Yes I thought you might say that. I do understand what you say. 
But as I've had years of flashbacks, I do need to sometimes treat the dreams as not being metaphors, because many of my worst dreams turned out to be actual memories of childhood experiences that had been repressed.
That would not be the case for this dream however.
Perhaps in this dream it's more the case that I was trying to include this angry part of myself, trying to open communication with it.
 (Cowering does invite attack, but with certain people/energies, showing strength or confidence, invites greater attack. It's a power play, if you don't show submission, they'll come after you with full force. I understand Int he dreamworld  - this does not apply...) )

I am reading through the link to Summing Up, it's good to read all this information together, fab thank you.
And thanks for all your replies Tony :)

Actually have you written anywhere about flashbacks and memories? I'd love to read if you have..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 11:20:01 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:17:08 AM »
Thank you for making it into a conversation and not difference of opinions - for that is all I write opinions.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
 :)