Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A letter  (Read 5557 times)

dreamy

• View Profile
A letter
« on: October 30, 2018, 03:27:00 AM »
Hi Tony,
I had stopped recalling dreams regularly in the last couple of months.I was overcome with negative emotions that were surfacing from a deep place in the past and my body was tense and I was sleeping late and unable to relax.This may have affected dream recall.I was sorely missing the guidance in dreams during this tumultuous time.After many months I received this dream.
The dream has no direct connection with my waking life where old family issues have surfaced.I am noticing my emotions and doing my best to just observe and not get entangled in the drama thats always existed in my family history. I am focussing my attention on staying present and relaxed and I want to start recalling dreams regularly again..

A is my boss in the dream.(A is an aquaintance I met briefly who appeared in an earlier dream many months ago as a brilliant,intelligent man who partners with me in a game of Bridge).He has very beautiful,old,antique,tasteful,expensive,wooden furniture in a very tastefully furnished office.There is a beautiful cabinet with sliding doors from which he selects alcohol.
I am spending a lot of my time in his office with him.He is getting ready for a date.He is wearing formal,black trousers and a formal white shirt.He hasn't put on his suit's jacket yet.He is writing a letter.
I am also getting ready for a date.I am wearing only a white slip but he hasn't noticed as yet.I want him to notice me undressed.I have yet to put on my dress and I am loitering around in just a slip.While he is writing the letter I make little noises as I potter around the room but he doesn't seem to mind.He is comfortable with my presence.
I tell myself not to get too many ideas about him yet.I had shared many details about my life with him in the dream earlier,the tough times I've been through.Now he reads out his letter to me.His relationship with his wife was troubled and painful.He expresses his side of the story in the letter,the hurt he went through.He reads out one particularly hurtful experience he went through with a lot of feeling and looks up to see my reaction.
I don't want to show too much emotion,not wanting to encourage any drama but feel it's a situation where I could easily give him comfort and we could look for solace in each other.I could treat him well,take care of him,unlike his wife.I wonder if he is looking for the same thing from me.I wonder why he is sharing all this with me.
We are both hurting and I want to comfort him physically,intimately.I feel we both need each other.

NOTE:
I feel the man in this dream represents my animus or a deeper place in my unconscious reaching out to me to express his hurt (in the past)
At the same time this dream suggests that I am getting ready for a date and my animus is also going on a date so perhaps  my unconscious and conscious self are ready for greater connection (in the future)?
The letter in the dream is a wonderful symbol of communication so perhaps my deeper self is communicating to me that the negative emotions that are surfacing are an expression of the unconscious?
My animus is communicating that his relationship with his wife was troubled -indicating my relationships in the past-but now I want to take care of him.Since my dream recall has slowed down I am still seeking answers on how to do this.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:16:14 AM by dreamy »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: A letter
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »
Dreamy – It seems that you are or have entered a new level of growth.

To make this plain we have several levels of mind, for example your ordinary everyday awareness, and the huge part of you that is below your awareness – often called the unconscious. Between the two there is a barrier that acts as prevention against what our ego, our personality, especially in childhood, cannot cope with emotionally, or even in adulthood.

But as we gain strength we start to become aware of the top level of our unconscious, a part of us where we have kept restrained all the fears, hurts, passions and huge depths we have within us.

Any deeper exploration of the unconscious shows that it is not simply one's infancy and its problems that we face. There are influences streaming from the long past through the body that we have inherited. There are the family influences and massive inputs from the culture we were born into, and also other intangible forces playing upon our life. As we cut through the images and drama of the dream creator, we begin to discover and gain insights into this incredible process of creation that forms and guides our life.

So, if you can meet the present situations you will pass on into a more peaceful phase. It is not easy, but in a sense you do not need dreams because you are meeting the results full on. It might help you to use https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/ because you can ask questions and explore what is presently in darkness. It can be a wonderful guide.

Jung has emphasised what appears to be one of the means by which this automatic adaptation takes place, for the expression of repressed tendencies has the effect of getting rid of conflict in the personality. For the time being, it is true, the release may make the conflict more acute as the repressed emotions emerge, and we have violent dreams from which we wake with a start. But by this means, the balance of our personality is restored.’

Tony

Will deal with your dream later.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:56:16 AM by Tony Crisp »

dreamy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 04:00:39 AM »
Thanks Tony,
Really appreciate the info you have shared.
This is very helpful:
if you can meet the present situations you will pass on into a more peaceful phase. It is not easy, but in a sense you do not need dreams because you are meeting the results full on. It might help you to use https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/ because you can ask questions and explore what is presently in darkness. It can be a wonderful guide.

I am contemplating this feeling in the dream :- "We are both hurting and I want to comfort him physically,intimately.I feel we both need each other."
" I want to comfort him physically,intimately " seems to be suggesting a desire to connect with the unconscious directly in waking life and not only in dreams.
Many Thanks
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:44:19 AM by dreamy »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:12:44 AM »
Dreamy - For many people, opening to your Life process leads to a period of cleansing. Negative emotions, residues of past trauma, physical problems, are brought to the surface to be dispelled. This is not a comfortable process. But it is one of the ways life works in us. When we eat something poisonous our healing process can lead to vomiting the poison from our system. When we breathe in dust we sneeze. So when we are harbouring painful destructive emotions or memories our healing process tries to discharge them. It takes a while to learn how to allow this to happen without feeling anxious. 

But it has hopefully now led to - It cleared so much pain, darkness and anxiety out of my soul, I felt a peaceful joy shining from me and no longer obstructed by the anxieties I have felt of late. It brought clearness, calm confidence, and open warmth. It brought more, in the same sense light brings more in a dark room.

Consider this. The room we are in is in darkness. With a little light vague shapes are apparent but no colour. With more light shapes begin to take on meaning as to what they are, and dim shades of colour appear. More still and hidden details in the shapes become obvious and colours begin to blaze out. More still and things hidden in the colours show. The room has not changed. No other doors have opened on fresh dimensions. No other intelligences met. The room changes only in the appreciation and awareness we have of it.

The colour was always there, but we see it more and more, and what has always existed and been experienced opens up to us more fully. So this flood of energy gives more in the same sense. No new worlds within the same world, but with much deeper appreciation and awareness. True the whole world changes, but only because of heightened awareness.

Tony