Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Water - in waking life  (Read 4696 times)

helenmelon

• View Profile
Water - in waking life
« on: December 16, 2018, 10:36:10 AM »
I've read that in most dreams water indicates emotions, moods and flow of feeling energy.  How does water relate to waking life?

A few weeks ago, while at work, I heard and looked up to find water from the floor above our office hitting down on the ceiling boards above my desk. I jumped away with my laptop.  That same day in an afternoon meeting a got a call from my building to supervisor to say my flat was flooding.  A water tank in my ceiling overflowed and flooded everything. At the time I had been going through a lot, struggling and feeling unsupported at work, feeling alone and without support in my personal life. I had been pushed to my limits caring for my father and seeing to his needs. I was also feeling agitated with the carer we employed who was supposed to alleviate the pressure, but seemed to add to it.  I'm also been struggling with being single and childless at the age of 36 while my friends have all moved along.

Is this just a coincidence? Or does this water have the same meaning as if I had dreamt it?

Sunflower

• View Profile
Re: Water - in waking life
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »
Hello Helenmelon,

my opinion is that it is possible to look at the real life 'water' the same way as in a dream.
Just like with dreams one has the choice to do something with it or just leave it...maybe people could find it bizar to take the interpretations into the daily life, but i think one can use daily life as a mirror.
The water 'spoke' to you and you 'heard' it, sort of...otherwise you wouldn't have thought about what has happened to you lately...

Wish you all the best!

Sunflower

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Water - in waking life
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 04:56:09 PM »
Helen - I believe that life events are seldom completely separated from one inner and dream life.

It seems form the events, if I link them with your personal outer life, that you have not been watching out for your emotional life. I am guessing that you have looked too much for outer support and help rather than looking within. I know that in a sense that is cruel to say that to someone who is having a hard time. But I have found it true again and again.

You perhaps felt your emotions turned against yourself.

The damage such in-turned or negative emotions can do is enormous. Many years ago, a woman who could hardly walk came to stay with my wife Brenda and I. She hobbled along using two sticks. Within a week, without any treatment, she could walk normally. She told us with great enthusiasm that she now knew what had caused her illness. Three years previously her son had married and had asked if he and his new wife could lodge in his parent’s house for a few weeks while they looked for a house of their own. His mother felt resentful that he and his wife had stayed for years and made no effort to move out. But being a Christian woman, she kept her feelings to herself. She ended the story by saying, “Being on holiday away from the situation has allowed me to be free of the resentment, and this has healed my legs. So, I know what I am going to do when I get home. I am going to tell my son and his wife to pack their things and move out.” 

But adding more, this may be a form of crucifixion - for although the Jesus story has been told as if it is about a special and holy historical person, it seems to many that it is also the story if human life and its pain through being ‘nailed’ to the physical body experiencing its pains and torment. But crucifixion shows a way to go beyond the  feelings of agitation and the pain of being single and childless; consider the scene, he is a man who has faced a great deal of torment and physical and emotional pain. In the end he gives up his personal efforts and cries out, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost," and died.

Of course he didn't die because he resurrected. So what was it that died, and what resurrected? Well if you have followed the story, it was the personal self that felt so much personal pain and so died. The cry, "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit," can be seen for exactly what it says. The man, the person in pain feels that he has now surrendered his whole being to what gave him life. What died was the pained personal ego crying out. But what resurrects is a different being who tell those who saw him, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

In other words the being who arises after the death of his ego is a whole person, free pf pain and conflict. But this form of death is not the death many people are terrified of - the end of themselves. It is a letting of of the rigid hold we have of ourself and opening to a wider view of what you are. Remember that the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom or memories in you. But in this life you developed a new brain, and the memories, education and programming you gathered this time are what you built your personality from, but beneath that is a very ancient self. So you have a vast treasure of past experience if only you would let go of your present condition. This death or surrender is not the end but a transformation of who you are.

That is often taken as so much religious gobbledegook. But here is another view of it:

"I witnessed a man talking to a woman he was confronting, “Religion;” he said, “That’s surely a direction for failures and people who can’t really cope with facing reality.”

And the woman he was accusing of this inability to face reality said, “You poor man! Is your mind or awareness so tiny that you have never realised the forces and processes of your own body are beyond anything you understand? Can’t you see that your very existence is brought about by things so far beyond your knowledge that it is only a statement of your impoverishment to suggest an awareness of God is an expression of some sort of smallness and failure. Have you never understood that?

Have you not seen that religion is not only an acknowledgement of what we fail to understand and yet depend upon, but it is also an opening to it, a willingness to relate to it? It can also be something far more even than that. It can be an active loving relationship with what gives you life. And such love is an exchange, a sharing, and a way of merging one with another. It is an exchange – a sharing of bodily fluids – the very substance of life.

Imagine that; a glorious love affair with the very spirit of life! A love affair with the invisible and forever indefinable. Is that something you are afraid of?”

See https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

I want to say to you that even if you consider yourself to be a weak person or someone who is not clever and could never be a healer or could speak wisdom, you have misunderstood the message of what has been written. How can you be weak or ignorant when you open yourself to that Mystery that created you? You are only weak and ignorant when you keep depending on your own little self. For goodness sake open to the MORE that you have within you, for in it is wisdom and strength beyond measure.

Tony
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:37:03 AM by Tony Crisp »