Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Don't Know Where I Am Going  (Read 2990 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I Don't Know Where I Am Going
« on: January 09, 2019, 10:03:57 AM »
I had a dream that I was wearing a curious dress; it was made up of patches of fabric with different sizes of the same pattern which was checked, someone was looking at the dress with amusement. I first looked from their eyes; I had never seen anything like it, made from different pieces, but not the normal shape of a dress, so I was trying to make sense of it but could not.

I then became the dress itself and talked as if I was just the dress. As the dress I felt I was made up from pieces of different pieces of fabric; I liked the dress it amused me and I felt unusual.

Tony invited me to speak from each piece of the fabric; the first piece was big squares and I realised that it was a part of me that lives by rules. Striped suits came to mind which was something that I saw in the behaviour of someone I was on a training course with who was very conventional and lived by the rules. I was irritated by his attitude, but what the dream showed me was I also have that attitude in my beliefs of how relationships are, very black and white and right and wrong ways if being in a relationship. Rules that I had within me.  From the background I came from.

I next spoke from another piece of the dress fabric, this piece was a small check printed pattern, as this piece of fabric I felt very different I felt excited, like life was an adventure full of possibilities, my body felt more upright.

Then there were the threads that held the pieces together, which brought a memory of knitting a coat made of squares. I had made this coat in real life and it was something that I felt could help me hold myself together, as I was living through what seemed like an ungrounded life,  so the thread felt important.

I seem to be looking at life in a different way since this dream, I have been meeting  young women who are reaching out to life, one who is aiming to be a fire woman , another a professional make up artist who can also, work with people with disfigurements. This faced me with how I have had a limited idea of being of what being it is to be a woman, a wife and parent. Strange because I had this dream despite me learning skills to grow into something more than what I thought I was.

So, it's like life is growing me past my limits. I don't know where this is taking me, but as we have shared before - wWe don't know where we are going ha, ha.

Brenda

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I Don't Know Where I Am Going
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:29:47 AM »
Thanks Brenda for doing all the work yourself.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:04:03 PM by Tony Crisp »