Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Healing  (Read 7405 times)

Omega

• View Profile
Healing
« on: February 19, 2019, 12:56:17 PM »
Dream: Someone gives me a grey blue cluster crystal for my left hand and a white for my right. As I hold them..
suddenly the left side of my body begins to spasm violently in different areas but mostly my left hand and arm. It's really really scary. But I don't let go of the crystals, I think well this is coming from inside not outside, if it's deep inside me, it needs to come out.. and it continues.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:46:57 PM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Healing
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:19 AM »
Omega – Well, you have made it to a new level of growth – at least in your dreams.

Vibration and shaking is movement, and movement is one of the main signs of life. Life and growth are interwoven, and one of the first signs of massive personal growth or change is shaking or vibration in the body or pelvic movement or even electricity running through your body. That why the Quakers used that name, because they shook or quacked; also the Shakers had the same experience. In yoga there is a level after the postures and breath control in which the body shakes and it cleanses and grows us.

It occurred in the left side of your body because dreams constantly symbolise what they are trying to communicate and the left side represents the aspect of you that you are less aware of and is from within/inside you. So you were really understanding what was happening in your dream.

But in waking life these shakes are allowed while awake, as described in http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/peoples-experiences-of-lifestream/ and https://dreamhawk.com/yoga/shaktipat-the-indian-way-to-enlightenment/ A way into it is described in https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

Of course this way is ages old and has been practiced for thousands of years – what else was Pentecost?  “Any newcomer to the group, not having had it explained what was being attempted – that each be open to the Spirit and be moved by it – might think the people were crazy or drunk. Are you ready for that?

“As life I want to love. I want my love to be like a beautiful but passionate song. I want it to be an art form that leads people to flower and discover their own Life. There was no shattering or explosion. There was only further expansion and further fulfilment. It was as if I had become the expanding universe, spreading further and further in every direction, and through the universe of Me there flowed a mighty force, the Life Force, which was like an inexhaustible fountain of fire or air or water, a fountain of eternal replenishment.”

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 12:29:55 AM »
Wow thankyou for this Tony!

How to open, release, be receptive..  seems like the most pathless of paths.. though with the links you gave, there are actually methods, but they are not instant as with Shaktipat 'The total process takes a very long time but this should not dissuade us as each stage has its own rewards.'

I was on the search for healing for a very long time, I have to say I think there are an awful lot of people who have no idea what they are doing in many areas of yoga and healing and in my opinion, should not be in business. Unfortunately it's difficult to know which is which for quite a while.

One thing which really annoys me, is the amount of teachers/healers that speak about 'letting go'
'Oh you just need to let go' they'll say (end of available wisdom) ..as if it's an act of willpower, or a decision the person seeking healing is just procrastinating about.

I went to endless yoga classes where they spoke about letting go, but never elaborated on the subject and also pushed their students hard, to 'breathing on the edge' etc which really with the level of awareness they brought to it, was more a very western 'no pain no gain' approach, rather than anything that brought anyone closer to their core.  I'm very sure that every one of those classes functioned to bring people away from their core, rather than closer.

In my experience the term 'letting go' is an overused cliché and most who use the term, have no real understanding behind it.

Here in your work I find wisdom, it's so great to read your work. Thankyou!!  :)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:34:17 AM by Omega »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Omega -  :)  ;) :'( Yes, exactly my own experience.

Here is a small quote from Life's Little Secrets -

"In searching for relief from misery I tried many different things, relaxation, yoga, meditation , fasting, and diet among them. They promised to be helpful but something was missing that I only began to uncover when I started teaching relaxation/surrender. Some of those classes I taught were huge back in the sixties and seventies. To help people I would wander around the class and lift an arm or leg of some of those lying quietly relaxed. I moved the limb to let the person have an enhanced awareness of their relaxed condition. What amazed me was that often the arm or leg was so rigid with tension it was hard to move. If I let go the limb would remain suspended. On asking the person how they felt they would say, ‘Fine. Really relaxed.’ They didn’t know they were carrying enormous tensions.

Are you relaxing or suppressing? 

It took me a while to realise what that indicated. You could relax surface muscles and feelings, but a mass of tensions were unconscious. Later I learned that such tensions had often arisen from difficult or traumatic past experiences, still locked in the body and emotions. By using relaxation techniques such as dropping the tension of the voluntary muscles or meditating on positive things those inner tensions were being pushed back into the unconscious – undealt with. When left at that point, relaxation and meditation were a method of suppression and control, not of healing.

With shock I realised this was true of many things that were supposed to be helpful, such as meditation and positive thinking. What they often did was to calm surface feelings by controlling thoughts and body. They did not deal with the real difficulties that had been pushed into the unconscious. Their purpose was to quieten the conscious mind and the voluntary movements of the body, not release unconscious tensions.

I went on an almost fanatical search for what could be done to change that – to release the unconscious problems. The clue was, as Richet says, that ‘the slight instability is the necessary condition for the true stability of the organism.’ I gradually realised that to really adjust to the many knocks and changes we meet in life, our body and mind need to be capable of a type of ‘instability’. It needs to be able to move, to express freely, and to respond automatically or spontaneously. Yet all our cultural training and habits are about control and suppression. Governments also sometimes give huge threats to the people if they do not conform. All in all, we have in many ways been trained to be sick – as I was myself. And, amazingly, my doctor, to deal with my depression and physical but undiagnosable pains, was telling me to take a drug, a tranquilliser, to maintain the status quo.

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
Omega - Here are some more examples.

One man in class during a yoga class when I did the chanting that I used to do to help the class relax said, “As you began the sounds I had the terrifying sensation that you were calling a dark shape out of my body.” Questioning him afterwards I discovered that he had a fear of weakness for his heart, and the “dark shape” was probably a representation or embodiment of his fear, because he had in fact relaxed.

The Strange World of Relaxation

Some years ago I received a letter from a friend. In it she mentioned a difficulty she faced in the yoga and relaxation class she takes. A woman, new to the class, mentioned that during the relaxation she sank into herself in a way which frightened her. In the class held the following week, the woman began to breathe in a very ragged and heavy manner, and her arm was shaking strongly. She seemed to have turned within herself in a manner somewhat frightening to my friend, especially as the woman’s hand was cold and clammy. “What"  my friend asked, “is wrong with the woman?”

Having seen this happen to people over and over again, I can speak with some experience in answer to that question. And the answer is quite simple - Nothing at all is wrong with the woman.

Relaxation, or any technique which quietens and looses the hold of the conscious mind and will, can be the trigger for such phenomena. And if it occurs to somebody intellectually, emotionally or morally unprepared, it can be a great shock and very frightening. I have seen one woman, in great distress, get up and walk out of a class half way through because, as she put it, “I felt as if I were being swallowed up by something I couldn’t resist. I had to fight my way out of it.” The relaxation and what emerges are attempts to deal with fears that have haunted us, such the heart weakness mentioned, and also to grow us to a fuller life.

I need to repeat - While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we dream our voluntary muscles are paralysed – therefore another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak in everyday activities; but the second will takes over when we sleep.

This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will and in fact runs all our important life processes like heart beat, digestion and also dreams.

For simplicity I have called this experience, of what is actually ‘waking lucid dreaming’, ‘LifeStream’. It would take us too far out of looking at dreams to explore it. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-waking-lucid-dream/

This Life Will or motivator has been active for millions of years and we see it working all the time in animals. We are partly split in half because we are often opposed to what our Life Will in us wants. So the only way to express what is good for us is in dreams when our conscious will is largely passive or we are restricted by being tied down.

Life Will created your body and pre-existed you as a person you know today. It was working in you prior to your ability to speak or know in the way you do now. But of course it has fantastic wisdom and skills, as can be seen in animals.

But we have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does. Look around at the number of people who have to take anti depressant, or who have to use alcohol every day, or smoke or take other drugs – all means of facing the difficulty of meeting self awareness. So we as a personality often fight or unconsciously repress any attempt by the Life Will to act toward our healing.

Tony

Omega

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:36:19 AM »
Thanks so much Tony, I've been reading and I just wrote a long reply.. but it disappeared!!!  :-\

Ah well, you know the path already!! What I'd write would be nothing new to you :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 09:32:02 AM »
Omega - Please don't do that to me by not replying, because I learn so much from your dreams and replies. I too often write a long piece and it disappears - where do such things go? Often what you say adds to what I found my self, gives me more, or tells others who read your good news or difficulties, important information, or might be new to others. I looked at one of your posts dated December 2015 and it has had 1856 Views. :) :o 8)

Tony
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 09:57:38 AM by Tony Crisp »