Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Many foals  (Read 5188 times)

mikey

• View Profile
Many foals
« on: May 10, 2019, 10:38:54 PM »
Hi everyone,
I had this dream the other night, need a little help.
I am enjoying watching hundreds of foals jumping & frolicking around in a meadow, it fills me with great joy at their child like innocence, playfulness & simple joy of just being, I become aware that they are all about to be led into an abattoir to be slaughtered, I remember thinking they have no idea what is about to happen,
This dream has made me feel dreadful, I am not sure what brought it about.
I have just started reading a book called letting go, the pathway to surrender, but not sure if the contents read so far would bring about such a dream,
One thing that came to mind was the bliss of ignorance or the angst of enlightenment ,this may have been reflected in the images,
Look forward to any thoughts.
Reg’s to you all,
Mikey
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:29:35 PM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Many foals
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 03:10:11 PM »
Hi Mikey  :)

What I see in your dream is that as a young child you may have not been aware of your feelings of playfulness & simple joy of just being, being "killed" many times in whatever way.

However, now you are able to have a first look at it, which is a great step in the direction of letting go of a pattern which you still may be repeating inside yourself.

Just continue to observe/be aware, the way you do in your dream, as you are on the right path!

Good Luck!

Anna  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:47:09 PM by - anna - »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 02:41:19 PM »
Mikey – Carrying on from Anna’s reply:

Being killed: An interior or exterior influence which you feel is ‘killing’ – undermining, making ineffective, strangling, choking – ones self confidence, or sense of identity.
Killing: Repressing or stopping some aspect of oneself – as when we kill our love for someone.
Killing animals: This shows you killing urges or needs you have that are natural and instinctive. Mostly this is injurious to your wholeness, but occasionally needs to be done to deal with special life situations. The killing might also point to feelings of pain and conflict, as when we kill out something in us that is natural or even beautiful; like when we trained to be nice to everyone even though our instinctive reaction is to avoid them. The same applies to reasonable anger.  See: family and relationships; animals.

Useful Questions and Hints:
Considering that each person dreamt of is usually and aspect of oneself, what was being killed?
Did you feel a connection with the death or feel guilty?
How did you react to the killing?

Being whole means you have integrated and come to terms with every aspect of who you are. You have met within you the murderer, the saint, the swindler and the honest trader, the sexual pervert and the straight married person, the homosexual and the heterosexual, the darker and the light filled should find a balance in each individual.

This balance is like a razors edge in which any one-sidedness would lead to imbalance within you. But at the same time it is not about being perfect or a saint, but a balanced and whole human being with very wide choices; for accepting the opposites brings balance.

Many people as their awareness reaches beyond what they feel is their normal self feel scared. Such resistances cause us to create awful dreams and fears as a means of avoiding our own inner world and its wonders. We feel that we will be swallowed up and we will die. It is important to say that when we meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or attacking, and it is a shock.

Tony
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:12:27 AM by Tony Crisp »

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 08:50:38 AM »
Sorry for taking so long to reply,
Thank you both for your replies,both of which I have found helpful.
I was put in care when I was child for my own safety as ,my father was a drunk and bully,
Thankfully I am  nothing like him,I am a 63 year old apprentice jedi.
So with ref to childhood being killed in some way, this rings true,as mine was devoid of that kind of freedom,it was killed by being taken away .
This is something i have not repressed though I am aware of it all ,I don't understand why  dreams would parrot what you already know.
I have recently become aware of what I call the suffering of the innocents,not humans,but all the little things insects birds animals etc caught up in wars and conflict ,I see this as compassion with all suffering ,my friend stuart who is a buddhist tells me it's a necessary step along the way,pity so much has to suffer for our enlightenment.
Reds mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »
Thank you for your reply Mikey.  :)

What first comes to mind when reading
This is something i have not repressed though I am aware of it all ,I don't understand why  dreams would parrot what you already know.
is that "knowing"  and "being aware" of whatever asks to be released is about a process that takes you to different levels (of awareness)of letting go.

So you may have known and be aware on some levels and now it is time to move on to another
I remember thinking they have no idea what is about to happen,

For me the most intense level of letting go is that where I can only sense that it is energy; there is no story attached; it feels very difficult to stay with it and allow it to happen.

So I trust we all have a level where releasing brings us a lot of fear and this asks for a true determination to want to let go.

Once again I wish you all the best on your wonderful journey.  :)

Anna

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 03:33:19 PM by - anna - »