Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Dreamt Lucidly  (Read 2992 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
I Dreamt Lucidly
« on: July 30, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
I dreamt lucidly of being a teenager about eighteen and at the same time I was the mature me watching and feeling what was happening. For I as the young man was living in the countryside, as I knew it years ago while horses where the major energy, and a young woman, about my own age as the youthful me was my close friend. I felt growing love in me for her and as I watched and I realised that this was how love should grow in you, at first like a flower developing a bud, and then slowly opening in all its beauty.

It was totally different to the ‘love’ depicted so often today, of a fast grabbing in order to attain sex. Watching the two youths finding this rare wonder I realised that I, as an older male, was learning to love too, because the tender child and youth I had been was too often hurt and had built walls as deterrents to being so close to another.  Des

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: I Dreamt Lucidly
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
Des – Being a lucid dreamer, your dream is so openly about you and your dream it almost explains itself. That is because many people say they dream lucidly, but in fact are controlling what they dream. Your dream is an exploration of a theme about love without control. See https://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/lucid-dreaming/

The two parts of you are the youthful you meeting and an older and experienced you. The older you has obviously met difficulties in loving, and are learning by experiencing how it was done by the youthful you in the dream.

Dreams often stand in place of actual experience. So through dreams we may experiment with new experience or practice things we have not yet done externally. For instance many young women dream in detail of giving birth. This function of what might be called ‘imagination’ is tremendously undervalued, but is a foundation upon which human survival is built. So you dreamt a new way of loving – of course you as a life form didn’t begin at conception, for like all seeds, all past experience is stored in the seed. So, your incredible unconscious memory has experienced love in all its ways.

Of course your present life is unique and you had trauma in your childhood, but dreams constantly try to show ways of healing or growing beyond such hurts – as you appear to have done or are doing.

I feel that watching things grow from a seed is an incredible lesson on our own lives; for the processes of growth in nature develop structures and organs as they move towards something. The plant develops stem and leaves before it can open its flower. So, your own inner growth may need to develop things before it can manifest certain parts of you. The mystery is beyond imagination in its enormity, so in your dream you touch what some people have called the Hugeness.

Tony
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 08:39:14 AM by Tony Crisp »