Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suicidal Dream  (Read 4005 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Suicidal Dream
« on: September 30, 2019, 11:23:43 AM »
Keep having occasional dreams of a particular friend committing suicide. And the scary thing is that same friend in reality is prone to depression and such acts and I put my time into checking up on them and making them happy and not think about that but it’s scary and terrifying. And in the dream I end up blaming myself. I just hoped it goes away. Ann

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Suicidal Dream
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 11:39:15 AM »
Ann – You are looking at your dream as if it is the same as in waking life where people are real. But in dreams they use people and things to represent something else. Your friend who is prone to depression is used in your dream to represent those feelings, not the real person. So, the images, people, animals, places we see in our dreams, are simply your own feelings, fears, hopes and wonder projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind as images. 

So, my guess is that a part of you sometimes feels or thinks depressing thoughts, and rather than own it you dream about someone else who feels depressed. So dreams use images of personal people, things or places because of what we associate with them. Associations are the real way to understand the language of dreams. Everything we see, read about or hear during the day we form feeling associations with – even the association of disinterest.

When I was working on the new site design, the designer said to me, “What’s the point of dreams – they don’t mean anything do they”. I noticed he had a T-shirt on that looked as if had been used quite a lot. So I said to him, “What about that T-shirt? If you dreamt of it what would you think it meant?”

He said it wouldn’t mean anything. So then I asked he where he had got it and what memories were attached to it. He said he had got it in America, but when pressed to explain his memories he refused to answer, looking embarrassed. So it wasn’t the T-shirt that the dream was about but his embarrassed feelings.

You can deal with your suicidal dreams using https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Tony