Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Aggressive Great Bald Eagle Attacking  (Read 4045 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
An Aggressive Great Bald Eagle Attacking
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
Tony, please help interpret.  I had a dream just now where I saw two giant bald eagles walking towards each other.  One stronger and more violent, attacks the other and I rush over to try to protect it.  The giant aggressive eagle has me pinned to the ground and I can’t move.  I’m trying to avoid it’s giant beak and worried it will peck at my face.  I call to my girlfriend to come over and free my arm so I can try to protect myself.  I woke up as I was pulling my arm out from under my blanket.  Any suggestions? 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: An Aggressive Great Bald Eagle Attacking
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 09:51:51 AM »
I wonder what the aggressive giant bald eagle means to you. Also what are you aware in everyday life that has pinned you down making you less able to defend yourself. I wonder whether you have problems dealing with male agression?

All images are your own deeper mind expressing itself in images which need it be explored. As an example - I had a very clear mental image of a baby elephant. It was like a bas-relief made out of clay, but mobile. I could see that the baby elephant had some problem with its trunk, and I wondered why my unconscious had produced this image so clearly and what it meant. Immediately because I asked the question what it meant the image disappeared and a series of associations arose unbidden. It was that the elephant actually ate with its mouth, but it had to reach out for everything with its trunk. As a baby the elephant would suckle with its mouth, but as it matured it would have to learn to get its own needs with its trunk, therefore the problem was about me reaching out for my own needs as an adult.

But dream exploration needs to be learned and practised. Many people say they cannot get any results from using the techniques. It is like any skill, like riding a bike or driving a car, at first you will fail until with practise it becomes second nature.  You need to learn new skills and habits.  When they are learned they are life enhancing like being able to drive a car.

For instance when you become a dream person or object, you can speaking as the object or dream person, but one needs to take time with it. Learn how to actually describe what you are as that dream object or person. If I dream of a dog, don’t simply describe what you think a dog feels like, but actually take time to tune into the dream image and describe the dog dreamt about. Is it an old or young dog? What is it doing in the dream? Listen to your feelings and describe what it/you feel.

While 'being' a dog I felt. "as the dog I felt that splendour of leaping into space and splashing into the water was wonderful and exhilarating. The shit part of being a dog was that I had to wait for my owner to throw the log. I had to have my button pressed in order to allow me to make that wonderful leap. What I don’t understand, as the dog, is why doesn’t my owner just leap into the water like this? He doesn’t have to wait for his buttons to be pressed. He has all that freedom and just stands there. What is he waiting for?"

Remember that each image is a creation of your own mind and unconscious, so you are really describing yourself. Say whatever comes and consider its value afterwards. Below is a quote from Tiziana Stupia’s book Meeting Shiva 

“Tony taught me a process in which a dream could be interpreted and understood by assuming that everything, people and objects alike, in a dream represented aspects of the Self. Sitting cross-legged on the squishy, old-fashioned sofa in the living room of my sadhu’s cave opposite Tony, I’d close my eyes and mentally return to a dream I had the previous night. He would ask me questions about the dream, which I’d answer in the first person. So if I dreamt about a tree, I would ‘become’ the tree, assume its personality and respond from its viewpoint. He’d ask ‘So what kind of tree are you? Are you big or small, old or young? What do you look like? Where are you growing? Why are you in Tiziana’s dream?’  This sounded like a silly exercise at first, but I was soon enough convinced of its validity. It was fascinating to discover a wealth of insight and emotion emerging from my responses, and understand how they related to my current situation. They also pinpointed exactly where I was in my growth process. Sometimes, the dreams would uncover unconscious fears and intuitions. Often, they also held important clues and offered solutions to my problems. It was like doing detective’s work – arduous at times, but rewarding beyond belief.”

So try 'being' the great bald eagle!

Tony
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:18:02 AM by Tony Crisp »