Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: wildcat attack  (Read 5247 times)

Aranlass_35

• View Profile
wildcat attack
« on: March 23, 2020, 02:51:29 AM »
Hi,
I dreamed that a wildcat that was orange in colour attacked my beloved orange pet cat.  I chased the wildcat but he kept attacking my cat.  I grabbed a blanket and wrapped my cat in it to keep him from being afraid and ran away with him from the wildcat. 
That was all.  Strange.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: wildcat attack
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 01:42:22 PM »

Hi Aranlass  :)

Your dream may symbolize your "wild part" awakening which you perceive as a threat to the part in you that wants to conform;
Often, because we were trained  or brought up to behave in a certain way anything that does not conform to that may be shown in dreams as wild or even dangerous. But in dreams, and even in some measure in waking life, it is  good to allow our wild side expression, for it is often a very creative side, and allows us to gather fresh insights. But wild should not mean dangerous to oneself or others. Wild means the wildness of natural animals, that have an inborn wisdom, intelligence and standard.

The wild is that ancient and untamed parts of your inner life that evolved over millions of years and is still very much part of you. Your actual brain still carries these ancient experiences that underlie your present personality. Your base brain for instance is called the R Complex, meaning the reptilian brain. What happens with the ‘wild’ in your dream shows how you are relating to this necessary and deeply instinctive and wise part of you.
See: https://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/wild/

Perhaps reading
Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype written by
Clarissa Pinkola Estes 
will give you a hand too?

Good Luck  :)

Anna

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: wildcat attack
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
Thanks Anna - Aranlass - You have lived and taken seriously that anything wild can be dangerous and you have an inbuilt reaction to protect what you feel at ease with. But in dreams or in waking when you think of your cat do you honestly think an image of it is IT. It is only a thought and a word /sound you have been programmed to  call CAT. But cats are the most wild pets we can own. You don't have to take your cat out for a walk because it is so independent/wild.

And anyway every dream image  symbolises something else. The image of your tame cat represent your associations  - As an example I was recently asked by a man who had given no thought to dreams how on earth you could extract any meaning from them. He was wearing a fairly old T-shirt, so I said, “OK, let’s imagine you dreamt of your T-shirt, what would you make of that?”

After a while he said, “I don’t know that I would make anything of it.”

My response was to say, “Right, but now tell me where you bought the T-shirt, and what memories it has for you.” Whereupon he told me, with some hesitation his memories of being in the USA, and that the shirt was part of memories that he didn’t want to talk about. Not only did he realise he had very powerful associations with the T-Shirt, but he wanted to hide them. I felt he had maybe had an affair while in the US.

So it is not trying to attack your pet cat but trying to replace your ideas of being a tame woman with the realisation you have the natural within you. Try letting it out.

It took me ages to answer because I was putting togther https://dreamhawk.com/uncategorized/things-i-wished-i-had-had-been-taught-earlier-in-my-life/

Tony
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 11:39:12 AM by Tony Crisp »