Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Heiros gamos dream  (Read 5622 times)

mikey

• View Profile
Heiros gamos dream
« on: October 30, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »
Hi Tony,
Thank you for your section on the sacred marriage,it has helped me enormously in understanding this dream.

I am embracing a being,I say being because she felt as though she came from another world.
I did feel she was more feminine than Male though.
The thing that set her apart from the ordinary,was that she was radiating a very powerful white/silvery light & I cant begin to describe the love that eminated from her.
I knew we were to be married soon,and that our children from this union would be I quote "intelligent ".
I new this meant knowledge on waking.
I know most of our experience is dual in nature,matter/spirit, inner/outer etc, this is how it has been for me,I have seen it so to speak,but I am here,  it is somewhere else  & the marriage/union  is a metaphor for the disappearence of the gap,
As always this is my kneejerk reaction to the dream based on my limited knowledge & understanding,
It's not a long dream or a complicated one,but it did hold tremendous power & meaning for me.
I am always in awe of this type of symbology in dreams,as it seems ancient & shakes the very foundations on which our egos stand.
As always I look forward to any help,comments etc.
Mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Heiros gamos dream
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »

I wouldnt say I have become a dream expert though, far from it.....

As always this is my kneejerk reaction to the dream based on my limited knowledge & understanding....

Hi Mikey  :)

I wonder why you do not value the "little" understanding you have (and need)?

These direct experiences - "I have found on numerous occasions just when I think I understand a dream, it falls apart" - showed you that "IT" does not need more than your willingness to look (inside/at your dreams.....) and perhaps your little understanding to help you move along in your process.

Knowing that IT works that way is the best "knowledge on waking" I have found so far  ;)

Anna

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »
Thank you for  your response Anna,
I  always look forward to your thoughts not only on my posts but the rest of the community here.
If I am correct in understanding ,in part what you have said,is that some dreams,do not need interpretation,that IT is the thing in its self,its job being just to activate something in us
I read an article on archetypal imagery in dreams yesterday which covered this theme,
The analogy used was ,the dried up river bed for the inner condition a lot of us find ourselves in,
The archetypal image in dream is the rainstorm that floods,rejuvinates & activates, that which lies dormant .
This makes sense to me,perhaps this is the understanding I needed.
Thank you once again for your wisdom,it led me in a direction I never expected, finding something i actually understand, for a change,obviously Tony's section on sacred marriage has been of great help as well,
Kind regards,mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 05:00:31 AM »

You are welcome Mikey!

I do not believe it is so much about "being correct in understanding".

I would rather see this as you choosing some part of my post to look at/observe
and reshape it in such a way that It helps you find a piece of your inner puzzle you weren't looking for.
THAT is wisdom too  :)

Anna

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2020, 09:51:11 AM »
I have pondered deeply on what Anna said about, why I dont value the little understanding I have,
I had this dream which I feel highlights my search and what she says.
I am beckoned by a female figure,to follow her through a pipe/tunnel which is actually submerged,it us full of the most disgusting yuck,think shawshank redemption,
I do not like confined spaces,& I can only hold my breath for 2 1/2 minutes,to get through the yucky tunnel I need to be able to hold my breath for 3mins,so in the dream I am reluctant & anxious,the female tells me she will go first & pull me through,as long as I  can conquer my fear.
All in all in answer to Anna,fear of failure .
Thank you Anna,I believe I'm getting somewhere.
Reds mikey

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »

You are welcome Mikey!

To dream of holding your breath represents a temporary need to forgo your comfort to get through a problem or difficult situation.....

Trust that your inner female will pull you through  :)

Anna

https://experiencelife.com/article/fear-of-moving-forward/

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 02:34:28 PM »
Thanks Anna,,especially for the link,very helpful.
Rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 11:01:49 AM »

WOW!!!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 11:07:41 AM »
Some thoughts - the yucky tunnel is most likely your dream's interpretation of being born. For we have to be born twice - Jesus: “Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” —John 3.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
Thank you Tony,
I too felt the birth ,especially the slime yuck,so much so I watched the movie shawshank redemption to get a feel for the emotion content,that movie was about rebirth,,so I think I get it,I even said to myself The very words,unless a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom,
This dream has highlighted my reluctance due to my fears, lack of trust in the process.
I know I have to let go,& allow myself to be led by the inner process,it is real !
As Anna said,trust it no matter what.
Rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
Mikey - Despite the fact that rebirth shows a readical change in the way you see and maybe even respond to life, yet we are still very human.

I think the end of the Ox Herding symbols says it well.
No. 10 Return to Society (crowded marketplace; spreading enlightenment by mingling with humankind)

ox10a   
Now the real end of the  journey is upon you where the realisation is lived that you are at the same time everything and everywhere, but also alone and in space and time in your body. You are just an ordinary person who has been on an amazing journey, and all that shows is your experience and wisdom.

This often sounds paredixical and it is.

Since there is nothing to meditate on, there is no meditation.

Since there is nowhere to go astray, there is no going astray.

Although there is an innumerable variety of profound practices, they do not exist for your mind in its true state.

Of course the above statements are made from a mind free from the restraints most of us live under, for as another Yogi said:

“The disciple is a being whose essential nature is Know­ledge, isn’t he?”

“Yes.”

“Then there is no need to give him knowledge but simply to remove the veil of ignorance that hides the existent Knowledge. This, of course, is not to be done at one stroke, since the disciple is immersed in age-old ignorance and needs repeated instruction, perhaps through life after life. And what is this instruction through speech about what is beyond speech? Isn’t it like removing the cover? Ignorance conceals the pre-existent Knowledge just as water plants cover the surface of a pond. Clear away the plants and you have the water. You don’t have to create it; it is already there. Or take another example—a cataract grows on the eye and prevents a man from seeing; remove the cataract and he sees. Ignorance is the cataract. The universe is the efflorescence of the indescribable Maya, which is ignorance; yet ignorance is needed to illuminate and dissolve ignorance … Jnana is not something to be attained, it is eternal and self-existent. On the other hand, ignorance has a cause and an end. The root of it is the idea that the devotee is a separate being from God. Remove this, and what remains is Jnana. ( Jnana refers to pure awareness that is free of conceptual encumbrances. Shirdi Sai Baba.