Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You are more than your brain  (Read 12573 times)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
You are more than your brain
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:14:00 AM »
For many years I felt that we are more than a physical brain. Then on December 8th of 2008 I had personal proof when I experienced a devastating stroke. I lost all movement on the right side of my body and also loss of speech. But I realised that although my brain was severely damaged I, Me, still existed whole behind it all. I realised that brain damage is only damage to the ability to control the body - it was not damage to me. So to speak, the car had broken down but me, the driver, was intact. I could get out of the car! See http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-next-step-criticisms/#OBE

Sir Auckland Geddes, an eminent British Anatomist, describes his own experience of realising his brain is not him.

Example: Becoming suddenly and violently ill with gastro-enteritis he quickly became unable to move or phone for help. As this was occurring he noticed he had an ‘A’ and a ‘B’ consciousness. The ‘A’ was his normal awareness, and the ‘B’ was external to his body watching. From the ‘B’ self he could see not only his body, but also the house, garden and surrounds. He need only think of a friend or place and immediately he was there and was later able to find confirmation for his observations. In looking at his body, he noticed that the brain was only an end organ, like a condensing plate, upon which memory and awareness played. The mind, he said, was not in the brain, the brain was in the mind, like a radio in the play of signals. He then observed his daughter come in and discover his condition, saw her telephone a doctor friend, and saw the doctor also at the same time.
Sir Auckland Geddes, an eminent British Anatomist, describes his own OBE, which contains many of these features. See: second example in spiritual life in dreams.

A friend, Martyn Tucker told me, "I died twice 3 months ago 5 and 3 minutes, massive coronaries, but when I was dead, I was 100% conscious and definitely going somewhere and I was filled with the sweetest feeling I had ever felt, like every good experience together - I have no doubts anymore".

Here is a wonderful video showing how a mucked up brain is not the person behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZVV4Ciccg

Tony
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:46:12 AM by Tony Crisp »