Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 1st Lucid Dreaming Experience  (Read 6360 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
1st Lucid Dreaming Experience
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:31:59 AM »
Wow, ok so Saturday night I had a couple of tallboys (24oz beers) and a shot of vodka.  I don't really drink much plus on top of that I didn't drink water or eat anything that night.  As you might Imagine I was a bit hungover the next day.  I'd sleep for about an hour wake up in a sweat and then stick my head under the cold faucet, get a little something to drink or eat, while trying not to throw it up, and then start the process all over again.  At one point during the course of the day I was in control of the ability to dream.  I was making a conscious effort to remain within a dream.  From what I remember I went in and out of the waking and dreaming a couple of times.  Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this lucid dreaming?  I wasn't sure what else to call it.

Ok, you might be wondering what the dream was about.  Well, it was brief.  I remember trying to fly toward a mountain that was mostly covered in fog.  That's it: a big foggy mountain that I'm trying to get to.  And again, I'm trying to fly toward the mountain but for some reason I can't.  I would compare the feeling to sleep paralysis.  Like, I wanted to fly forward but my body (my dream body) wasn't obeying my mind.  I wish I would've fought harder.  I was not only frustrated, but also somewhat frightened.  I decided I would wake up.....

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 1st Lucid Dreaming Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
Aristocrates – I feel it is like learning to work with the unconscious Life in you. The feeling of sleep paralysis was probably you working against it. It is almost like getting a clear picture and intention of what you want then let go of it. There is a saying that sums it up. “Man proposes, God disposes.”

I suppose real power comes from the almighty collective mind. It is like what the Naskapi Indians call the Great Man/Woman – Mista’peo. This great being stand behind us unseen most of the time. To quote Marie von Franz, “How far it develops depends on whether or not the ego is willing to listen to the messages of the Self. Just as the Naskapi have noticed that a person who is receptive to the hints of the Great Man gets better and more helpful dreams, we could add that the inborn Great Man becomes more real within the receptive person than in those who neglect him. Such a person also becomes a more complete human being.

So yes you were on the foothills of lucid dreaming, but you will know when you have arrived when you wake up in deep sleep and go with the flow. Fighting harder would not have worked. You are using your conscious will. As it says in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/what-we-need-to-remember-about-dreaming/

1.    In life and sleep we have two powerful actions working in us. The first is our waking experience based on having a body, its limitations, vulnerabilities and a particular gender. Our second is the power that gave us life and continues to express as dreams.
2.   While we sleep our conscious self is largely or totally unconscious, and while we sleep our voluntary muscles are paralysed – so another will or motivating force moves our body. So we have a Conscious Will, and what I will call a Life Will. The first one we have experience of as we can move our arm or speak; but the second will takes over when we sleep.
3.   This Life will can move us to speak, to move our body, and in fact do things that we cannot do with our Conscious Will. As Freud pointed out this inner will has full access to our memories. It can do so many other things that are described else where – See ESP in Dreams; Edgar Cayce.

Please also read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/levels-of-awareness-in-waking-and-dreaming/ It is a real help when you enter the different world of sleep. the rules are completely different.

Tony

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
Tony,

What do you think the significance of the mountain may have been? 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
The Mountain - It usually means a higher state of awareness, reached by hard work.

And to quote from Dream Dictionary - Something big in ones life; reaching a wider awareness of our life or situation; eternity; something which stands above the commonplace; beyond the fears and anxieties of everyday life; separation from others or from everyday life or society; isolation; attainment achieved by facing the difficulties of life.

Because the mountain indicates states of mind or being that stand beyond the commonplace, and links with what essentially is your latent potential, it can show you opening to that power of change and growth. In other words, it indicates an influence from your core changing your personality.

Tony