Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It wasn't a nightmare but it was bothersome...sort of.  (Read 6210 times)

Dreamist

• View Profile
It wasn't a nightmare but it was bothersome...sort of.
« on: October 20, 2010, 05:23:56 AM »
My dream had me thinking the whole day about the possibilities of what it could mean and how it reflected upon me but I couldn't come up with any solutions.  Everywhere I turned (even outside sources)  I felt uncomfortable with the answers so I am trying here since it seems so in depth and you are understanding.

My dream started out rather unusual, it felt like a normal day but when I awoke I wasn't at home but some place completely new to me but it was familiar to me in my dream.  As I began my daily routine (I assume) I was gathering something but I cannot remember what, I am inclined to say food.  Then abruptly that part ended for some unknown reason, as if I had teleported or shifted through something.

I'm not sure if the dreams are connected but they didn't feel separate.  However I will break them apart.

The second part began with me gaining my bearings.  I was off balance as I was wearing heavy armor that seemed from medieval periods.  I looked up and there was a silhouette of something before me and we engaged in combat.  It was pure black but had the outline of a giant man or a huge bipedal creature.  The sky was cloudy and practically darkness although some outlines of the clouds could be seen.  The only light around seemed to be from torches or other objects burning or my brothers in arms (their armor seemed to glow or reflect the light).  It was eerie but it didn't bother me.  My armor was clean even after striking whatever it was.  I looked around and it was a huge battle.  I saw familiar faces of friends and unfamiliar faces of strangers who all donned the same or different armor.  We were fighting countless silhouettes.  There seemed to be an endless horde of them and not many of us.  We were fighting in Washington D.C. because I saw a ruined version of what seemed to be the capitol building as well as other monuments in the distance that were being revealed by flashes of lightning.

Here is where it gets weird...  There was someone on a piano, at the top of a large set of steps.  This person I could only assume as the original singer of the song being played but they didn't sound like him.  The song being played while this huge chaotic battle was taking place was "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel.  I know, completely absurd, but it was, clear as day.  I'm sure the song would have changed but I was woken abruptly by outside forces.

Even while the battle took place and the enemy was unseen and blended in with the darkness I wasn't afraid although I felt that I should have been.  I should have been horrified but I wasn't.  None of us were.  We were confident, perhaps too confident as if the outcome of the battle was already chosen.  My friends faces seemed lit up in the darkness around us, the armor too.  It was like looking at a painting, one half nearly covered in darkness while the other half had lighter shades but was surrounded by a dark sky, our shadows were dark that stretched into the background, and even the ground around us was a deep brown.  It just seemed so real but so bizarre.

I'd appreciate any insight on the matter as it has practically infected my thoughts because it felt so real.

Thank you,

Brandon

Christine

• View Profile
Re: It wasn't a nightmare but it was bothersome...sort of.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
What a powerful dream!  The biggest sense I got from your description is that whatever mission or challenge you are or want to confront...you are and will not be alone.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: It wasn't a nightmare but it was bothersome...sort of.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 01:00:31 PM »
Brandon – This is a mammoth battle you are in. Having been in dream battles, gone into the trenches and gone over the top, I feel I know what this is about.

The enemy are nearly always the almost unseen horde of darkness we carry with us from the past. I feel RD Laing was trying to describe this in the following:
Ah yes, “We are shattered, tattered, demented remnants of a once glorious army. Among us are Princes and Captains of Armies, Lords of Battle, amnesic, aphasic, ataxic, jerkily trying to recall what was the battle the sounds of which still ring in our ears: is the battle still raging? If we could make our way back to join the main body of the army.”
But your battle is by no means lost, and there is no desperation or fear in you about it. That is interesting, and it sounds to me as if you have not placed or understood your ‘enemy’ And that seems to link wit waking to somewhere new, and you were gathering something but couldn’t remember. Then suddenly you are in the battle, and it is the great battle fought by humans for generations. So dark because most of us do not understand – the darkness of ignorance – not knowing.
I believe you are now transported to the battle raging in the unconscious. If that is so and you can accept it, it will probably break into consciousness and you will experience it one way or another. Because you are not frightened it will be one you will not hide from. Even so it will take all our skill to deal with. What you are fighting are figures of the mind created by generations of people who believed in them.

And because of the wonderful treasures of information left we can win it. There might be something of help in http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/we-live-in-special-times/

Tony