Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Owl  (Read 5867 times)

stevec

• View Profile
Owl
« on: January 22, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
I was in a house (not familiar but so in the dream) standing near a door and a window flipping light switches that would not work. i kept flipping them on and off and finally walked outside and noticed that the globe lights on the large patio all had water in them, maybe half full. It was dusk and I looked out at a large pasture of land with trees on the each side and a runway clearing in the middle. Very pretty and peaceful. I then walked over to a large glass sconce on the wall and noticed something moving in the water - it was full of water. Something moved and a brown owl crawled out. Its head was sleep smashed on the right and its eye had a plate, a black plate around it with the eye in the middle and the owl looked straight at me. It jumped down near me and began shaking its head and flapping its wings - re-orienting itself. It was very calm and friendly.The plate around the eye went away and the owl looked normal. The owl walked over to my dog ( not my real dog) and jumped on the dogs back and they began playing and tumbling - then they stopped and faced the land before us and the owl positioned itself for take off and flew into that runway like a missile...or a brown bullet and diminished, as did the dream. I woke up!.
I have had numerous owl dreams in the past - they all seem to involve water..
Thanks,
S

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Owl
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »
Stevec – I do not get a very clear insight into this dream, but here is what I feel.

You are in a different sense of yourself than usual, and so what follows comes from that. Interesting because you cannot get a clear insight or understanding – thus the lights would not switch on.

Also I have to ask whether you suffer from too much fluid in your body? There is definitely something with water that is contained in some way.

The owl and the dog are signs that you are on good terms with your inner world, but the owl managed to shake of the black plate, another sign of darkness that was shaken off. Then the bullet like flight of the owl gives me an impression of wanting to get out of that house/situation.

Tony

stevec

• View Profile
Re: Owl
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
Thanks for the response Tony -
I really didn't understand this dream or get a clear insight to it either, so I posted it because it had some clear symbolism and my owl came in in such an odd way and the odd water as well. But now i look at it a bit differently in that I had a underlying Plumbing issue that culminated just a day after this dream. It was nothing damaging and actually it was an issue the city took care of so it was no cost to me but it could have been a big messy problem to say the least. So maybe this was a warning thing-dream..with the lights not working, the water outside and the owl being in the water and the playing of the dog and the owl (I was aware of this but sort of avoided it all for a while, the plumbing).
The water element just didn't seem Emotional to me, it seemed like it was out of place. So premonition-warning and the fast action of the Owl....?
Thanks again.
S