Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
General Discussion / Re: Realising How Stupid We Can Be
« Last post by Tony Crisp on October 17, 2021, 10:28:10 AM »
May’s dream shows how one does not necessarily have to interpret the symbols to find healing or understanding. The dream itself is clear enough to understand directly. Also the dream actually gives May the direct experience of what it feels like to forgive, to feel the warmth of love, and to look forward instead of back.  
 She had developed the habit from a year of psychotherapy, of looking within herself for answers, and expecting help from her dreams. So once more this is seen as important, although this is not the only factor involved in finding help and creativity in our dreams.   

If we are to turn the unused time of our sleep into greater productivity we need to understand just why most people do nor have problems solving dreams and their Genius remains asleep. See https://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/genius-2/ - https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/  
General Discussion / Realising How Stupid We Can Be
« Last post by Tony Crisp on October 17, 2021, 10:21:13 AM »
The next dream shows bow a solution can be sought, and found in the dream itself. The woman, May, had suffered years of emotional misery and alienation from her family. She says; ‘Because of this, when I was down to absolutely rock bottom emotionally, I consulted a hypnotherapist who explained that hypnosis was used only as a last resort. I went to her for once a week for over a year. I was treated under psychotherapy, and I had to write down my dreams every day. Through this I recognised my areas of problems, and in time my problems lessened. However, with petrol becoming more expensive I had to travel seventy miles altogether for each visit I gave up the consultations. All the same, I felt I hadn’t really reached the real root of the trouble. I delved into my known past, but not my unknown past. Consequently, after about six months I drifted back into my old depression and aggressive dreams and nightmares. 

‘I always seemed to be searching for the lost years. My real mother died when I was nineteen months old and my sister was one month. In the same week my Dad was called up for the War. Unable to get anyone to look after two young children Dad paid a woman to look after me, while my sister was adopted by an aunt and uncle. My father re-married when I was seven, and I have two half brothers and one half sister. As I grew up none of my family would let me speak about the past, making it a taboo subject. Because of this I used to fall out with them on and of.) Then, when my father died five years ago, I am now forty three, I got in such a rage, telling my family I was never one of them, and now that Dad was dead I had no family. The guilt and depression I felt about this was what led me to go to the hypnotherapist. 

‘This year, in January, forty one years from the day my own mother died, my stepmother died. This sent me into such agonising emotions I had to give op my job, and was near to a nervous breakdown. However, on the nineteenth of March I had this dream. 

‘My son had a spray which made him very small. He was able to speak to and see various small characters and Walt Disney people. He sprayed me so I could see the characters too. He found a minute friend, a girl of his own age. He was so small - insect size that when he crossed a road with his friends he got trodden on. I had a terrible feeling of loss. Then my own son laughed and said, ‘We are all okay. We are too small for anyone to hurt us.’ 

‘My son sprayed other members of the family and I began to have the feeling I knew the answer to my years of depression and guilt.   
‘Then we were walking down a sunny promenade. I saw my father sitting on a bench. I hesitated, feeling I could not go to him. My son told me not to worry. He said, ‘If you can’t love your father I will love you both as son and Father. If you are too silly as grown ups to see it doesn’t matter about all the past, I’ll make up the love to you.’ The little girl with him went to my father and said the same thing. Then my father and I both laughed and went to each other, thinking how silly we had been all those years. We both got the feeling of forgiveness and saw how we had wasted all those years because we didn’t have the simple love of a child.

‘My father had then been sprayed and could see the characters, who all began to dance. On the beach nearby were my stepsister and stepbrother and wife, sun-bathing in the warmth. Instead of my usual Pit feeling I felt playful and kicked some sand over them. I had the wonderful feeling of happiness and floating. I told them the story, and said the answer was so simple forgive each other, love and forget the past and look to the future. I felt it was a miracle, and knew it was the answer to finding peace with my family. living and deceased. And as the dream ended there was a crescendo of moving music, all the Disney characters were there, with pairs of birds in nests all around in trees. They had little comic notices hung outside such as ‘Goodnight’, ‘God Bless’, ‘Don’t Snore.’ 

‘Since the dream, six months ago, I have become reconciled with most of my family though I doubt if they can understand the reasoning behind it. I now have this wonderful feeling of well being. 
‘Though life still has its difficulties.’

May
Dream Interpretation / Re: Warning of Death
« Last post by Tony Crisp on September 16, 2021, 02:30:38 PM »
Jules - Many of us take the word Death to mean the end of someone. As I often quote, "No plant or creature grows from a dead seed, and each living seed carries within it all the past gathered from all its forebears. So, the seed in your mother’s womb is as old as and even older than human kind, and you carry that wisdom or memories in you. But in this life you developed a new brain, and the memories, education and programming you gathered this time are what you built your personality from, but beneath that is a very ancient self.
Finding this very ancient self, hidden as it is by all your personal thinking and opinions, you find you are free from all the painful emotions, suicidal urges and personal hurts. To explore it see https://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/opening-to-life/

As adults we believe we are complete and whole. But what I sense is that we are only a phase, and out of us can emerge another being, carrying forward into a different sort of existence, all that can arise  from you. A seed is a return to the source of life and it/our beginnings under the sun. Consciousness on our planet started in the slime of creation, the slime we return to, to procreate. And from that slime which is a vehicle for our seed to exist in, our awareness goes through the whole process of evolution as we develop in mother's womb, the dividing of cells, the forming of structure and organs, the creation of a creature with gills, and on to a human type form ready to breathe air, carrying your seed onwards.
Dream Interpretation / Re: Stomach Cancer
« Last post by Tony Crisp on September 16, 2021, 02:24:51 PM »
Romanov - Remember that in dreams everything is a symbol, usually portraying something about us.

Also we have an inner mother and brother that is very real.  When you think about a relative, lover, a friend or a person you know, you are only taking in your thoughts, impressions and feelings about them. So many people do not realise that they have an inner person equally as powerful as the external person you know. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by meeting or living with them, and they change you and make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner person can appear in dreams because you still carry the memories or impressions of them, and so they influenced what you hold within you.

The mother dying suggests that the memories you have of her have something that is not healthy - maybe the memory you carry within you of your experience of her mental illness. The dream suggests that part of you, as with your brother, is dying. As one thing dies in our inner world, it gives rise to a new birth of some sort.
Dream Interpretation / Re: Backflips
« Last post by Tony Crisp on September 16, 2021, 02:14:16 PM »
Aristocrates - It's true, it is about power and vitality, but not necessarily about body power. Dreams are mostly about power within - beyond the conscious mind level, your inner world.

So your inner world is The very basic you, a part that can never be destroyed or changed, your basic consciousness. But particularly the aspect of your awareness that is not involved with your body senses. Each day we shut down our physical sense of hearing, our sense of sight and the other physical senses as we sleep, yet we can still experience ourselves as alive and  feeling in dreams. That is our inner world par-excellence, but it is also met in imagination, waking lucid dreams, visions and our intuition.
Dream Interpretation / Warning of Death
« Last post by Tony Crisp on September 16, 2021, 02:05:49 PM »

Hi tony,
I had a strange dream..well dreams. The first was a warning, I can’t remember it all but it was a stretch of road and an intersection coming up on the left. I am looking forward. There is a warning that I will die here. A week later I am dreaming I am in the car with my parents (I do not live in the same country as them in real life). We are arguing over money spent, I say it wasn’t me..there is a wallet and mum says, look there is a blonde hair in here..I have blonde hair, it’s like its my fault then the car suddenly speeds up, it’s out if control, there is panic we will crash, then out if the window us that intersection I recognise from the previous dream and it hits me, we are going to die, it’s the warning coming to fruition, we are losing gravity and suddenly there is only me and mum, she is in the drivers seat and looks at me and the last words are from mum, she says, I told you they were calling jxxxxx (uses my name). There is acceptance and fear and I wake up suddenly before actually crashing quite shaken. What can it mean?? Jules
Dream Interpretation / Stomach Cancer
« Last post by Romanov on September 04, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your generous interpretation of "Circle within a circle" dream.  There is much to chew there.

I had a disturbing dream and have been using your dream dictionary for interpretation, but am still slightly off track, I think.

Dream:
I am busy cooking in a wide, open kitchen, and my brother is talking to me over my shoulder. He keeps talking, as I keep moving about. Then we go into some long discussion, that is completely erased from my memory. I have white plate in my hand with white boiled rice and cooked veggies that I am separating with a fork (there is shredded carrot there). Then the plate only has white rice and cooked leafy greens (spinach).  I am about to feed my mother who has long black hair, lying on her side, with a protruding stomach.  She has stomach cancer, and has only two days to live. Meanwhile, my brother leaves the room via a connecting passage which has big windows and you can see the daylight outside. He closes (almost slams) the door on his way out, taking away the view of the passage, while I am standing with the plate of food by my mother's bed.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the content of the conversation between us.

In reality my mother died one and a half years ago of ripe old age. She was 84, and had mental health issues her entire life. My brother inherited some of those mental health issues. My bro had partly taken care of my mom when she became bedridden.  He also had plans to migrate, which have not transpired yet. On the other hand I have had crohn's disease and am currently down with gallstone pain, and wonder sometimes if it could be more serious than that.

If this helps in any way, I had another weird dream a couple of weeks before this one, in which I saw the same brother fallen over his back with a rod sticking out of his stomach. And I am the one taking out that rod.

So is this indicating a health emergency for me? Or is it about him? Or is it about my mother's anti social, anti human attitude that i have never been able to digest? Is he forcing me to take an action, I don't want to?

Please help.

Regards
Romanov

Dream Interpretation / Backflips
« Last post by Aristocrates on September 03, 2021, 08:50:56 PM »
I've been having a recurring dream of performing a backflip from standing.  In my mind it's a way of demonstrating power and vitality. 
Dream Interpretation / Re: Circle within a circle
« Last post by Tony Crisp on August 19, 2021, 10:17:02 AM »
Romanov - As I have grown old I become a silly old man who is deeply moved by almost everything i experience.   

And from that I want to shout - "You are Freaking right." Or something similar to that. :-}

Well - I am back to being stuck in a loop.

Once when I was really stuck in the loop - So, the whole feeling at that point was that there was no way through, that my life is now in backwaters, or even stagnant waters out if which there is no way. If there was any real lesson to be learned it was that I need to accept this, not to fight it and feel distressed by it as I have. If this is a new phase of my life, struggling against it only leads to pain and conflict.

As I looked at this, as I was wondering how to come to terms with being a second-class sort of person in a second-class life situation. I started thinking about all the potential and mental possibilities I have touched in the past. How could it be that I had come through so many things, transcended myself in so many ways, and yet at the moment I am locked in this apparent decay and decline? Has all the past been an illusion? Have I declined so much that all the power and wonder of my previous growth is now lost to me?

I know I am capable of creative resolution of any problem, of any life situation. I know we are all capable of creative resolution - if we are daring enough to feel, to explore, to sense, to be capable of change and adaptation. So, why have I been in this situation for years now? Why am I stuck in this place?

Having asked this question I had an insight that I had got into a negative feedback loop. Because I had got stuck in this place, then I feared I was stuck in this place, which produced the certainty I was stuck, which produced the inability to move out. We feed back to ourselves images of failure and feelings of unattractiveness, and all the other negative feelings we all meet during the week. Instead of looking at them and seeing them as passing feelings, we take them as impressions of reality and drown in them. We accept them as true and start to live them. When that happens we see conformation for the negatives and so it goes on.

I tried to find the way out of the loop. The only way out I could find was the realisation that the loop has no end. There is only one thing to do, stop it playing. Grab it and stop the crazy record. To help with this, to help grab the thing and kill it, we obviously have to realise it is untrue. If we still believe the loop to be playing a truth, then we only strengthen the action. So, for its cessation we need to realise that our sense of self is a constantly moving fragile thing that has no stable reality. We really aren’t ANYTHING - for if we were a real thing we wouldn't go through such continuous changes. So how can we be a failure, or a success, or great, or of no account, or any thought or feeling? No thought or feeling represents our reality. No feeling, or sense of ourselves, is anything more than a sense, a feeling, it is not us. So, how could this feeling represent some sort of permanent personal reality?

The end of the loop and he escape from it occurred when I realised I had been lying to myself not believing my marriage had fallen apart. So maybe you are locked in some belief. For example for a whole year I was not moving, was stuck until I accepted my failure in something.

But there is also the need to die or what Laing call, "A sort of death" as you journey further in. As you said, "All you need is inside of you".

Each of us is immersed in a ‘river’ of constant change. If you think about it you have been carried, pushed, impelled by this current as you were moved through babyhood, childhood, teenage and adulthood, and there are more stages of growth beyond adulthood. And as we passed through these changes we died to our old self in order to change to the new. It is the current of Life. This current then carries us on through old age and through the gates of death. All the time we are faced by decisions, and each decision directs us on a different path, helping to create our future. And this is a force of growth and change; and is fought like hell by many as they are afraid of such changes, especially getting old and facing death.

Tony.

Dream Interpretation / Re: Circle within a circle
« Last post by Romanov on August 14, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »
Dear Tony,

Your responses are always worth being weighed in gold.  8)

That said, I will not pretend to understand everything you have said, but at the same time, I think I do.

When I turned 40 (which was quite sometime ago), I had done major work on my psychological being. The first thing was to get rid of the negative influences on the self.  The influences that took too much head space and wasted so much life.  And in a lot of ways that was enough. As you said you remove the water plants and there is water. I removed those thoughts, and I found myself (it was a humongous task, but at least I got there).  That work also revealed to me, that all you need is inside of you.  And all you really need is you.

Despite doing so much hard work in the past, I am back to being stuck in a loop.  Same influences, same thoughts, and unable to get to the core of self, that operates me so well, where lies my peace.

Maybe its psychological laziness, or maybe I am just tired of this struggle, and for once, I just wanted Higher Being to intervene for me.

But apparently the Higher Being is telling me to get my act together.  So let's see.

Waiting for your book to be published soon.

Stay healthy. Stay blessed.

Love
Romanov
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10