Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: two nights in a week, dreaming about my deceased grandmother  (Read 5098 times)

karinaga

• View Profile
two nights in a week, dreaming about my deceased grandmother
« on: March 30, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
My grandmother died 5 years ago from cancer. It was very sudden; within a month, she went from being an active old lady, to feeling sick, having a biopsy made, cancer spreading out, and death. I was very fond of her and loved her very much. As a child, I would spend my summer vacations with her and grandpa, either at their home or at the beach house. I was very very sad for a long time because I couldn't say goodbye to her, or go to her funeral because I was living in another country. I had not dreamt of her for a long time, so having two dreams in a week where she appeared seems strange to me.

I will try to explain my dreams here the best way I can, in hopes anyone can give me some insights on what these dreams mean; are they visitation dreams? is she trying to tell me something? or is just my subconscious?

First dream: 3 nights ago. In this dream, my sister my cousin and I go to visit my grandma because we got the news she is sick. We visited her while she is at her beach-house having some tea with friends. When we get there, she looked happy to see us, she doesn't look sick at all, but we all know she is going to die. She hugged us very strong, I could feel the hug, and then she ask us why we had not visited her before, why we had taken so long to go to see her. It felt as she was reprimanded  us for not paying her a visit in such a long time. We didn't say anything, we only keep hugging her, and she went ahead to show us the house. At a first glance, the house looked different. But it was just the facade that had changed, the colors of the walls were terracota-red, the furniture was new, but beneath all that, it was the same house my sister, my cousin and I had spent most of our summer vacation at as teenagers. Towards the end of the dream, I started feeling sad because I knew my grandmother was going to die, and I didn't want to see her gone. So I started crying and this is when I wake up. When I wake up I was still crying from the dream.

Second dream: Last night. This dream has two parts. In the first, I'm only an spectator, like in a movie, watching over what my grandma is doing. In this dream, she looks old and fragile (not like in the first dream where she looked healthy). It is night time, and she is cleaning the garbage outside her beach-house. Because she is old and it is dark, she cannot distinguish what garbage is from what, so she grabs a white garbage bag and starts dragging it with her to keep picking up more garbage. But this white garbage bag is leaking a red, blood-type of liquid that it has started forming a trace on the dirt. She is still picking up more garbage, unaware of the leaking; but moreover; this trace of the blood-type liquid is coming close to another trace in the dirt made of gasoline, and when both traces get together, a fire starts. This is when I woke up, I remember clearly looking at the clock in my cell, and going back to sleep.
In the second part of the dream, I appeared. I'm with my grandma, who hasn't noticed yet the fire she has started; so I let her know about it. A guardian that was sleeping at the house porch has felt the fire- I don't know if he got burnt or if the flames reached him; I feel this way but cannot see him being consumed by the flames, starts getting ready to put out the fire. The fire is advancing towards her house, but instead of walking away from it, she and I walk inside the house. Even though there is a fire outside the house, I don't feel in danger. This beach-house is of a yellow color; my grandma and I go inside and head to the living room. While we are in the living room, she tells me she wants to give away to me some ornaments she has kept from her travelings. So we start walking around the living room while she starts picking up ornaments she will like me to keep. I don't know if she is doing this because she knows she is going to die, or because she thinks the fire is going to consume her house, but I start feeling sad. One by one she starts giving me the things she wants me to keep, she will grab one and explain to me where she bought it, how long ago and the meaning of the ornament. I cannot remember any of the ornaments, but the last 3 ones. We are still in the living room, and I see 3 pieces of hand-shaped ornaments, made of quartz I really like. They have the shape of open hands; one of them has a shaped of two-hand crossed with the palm facing up, another one has the shape of one hand with the palm up, the other one has the shape of one hand with the palm down. They are very small (can fit in the palm of  a hand) but very well-made. I go ahead and tell her I will like to keep these if she doesn't mind. She replies that in fact, these 3 ornaments belong to me. That she kept them from my house when I moved overseas. At first I couldn't remember these were mine, but after she told me they were, I realized I had bought them. I feel curious as of why I would but these ornaments with a hand-shaped, so since she doesn't know because they don't belong to her, a lady suddens appear on the dream. She seems to know the meaning behind these 3 ornaments, and when she is ready to tell me I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

I don't know what these dreams could mean, but like I said before, it feels weird  my grandmother has appeared in my dreams twice this week when it had been a long, long time since the last time I dreamt of her. Any insight will be really helpful.

Thank you,

-karinaga

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: two nights in a week, dreaming about my deceased grandmother
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:48 AM »
Karinaga - To understand how your dreams come about  and realise what your dreams are telling you, it can help if you realise that just as your eyes do not directly allow you to see, but formless nerve impulses are sent to the brain where they are translated into living pictures. Nothing we sense in the world is directly known, but it is all impressions that are translated into a sense of smell, sight, hearing, etc. So the eye receives reflected light from an object that is translated into nervous impulses, which is then received by the brain which translates what are formless nerve impulses into what we feel we see. So in dreams we tend to put pictures or images collected from everyday experiences to put an interpretation on our formless dreams to help us understand them. We do this because we tend to have an experience of the world based on our body senses, and our dreams and communications from the dead come from a very different environment, so we put it in images and ideas we are used to. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Arising

Another fact that is important is that just as our experience is often a mixture of emotions, thoughts, memories all at the same time, so your dream is such a mixture. You have strong feelings of sadness, along with a possible communication with your grandmother, also part of the mixture is your own thoughts and images of death. But add to that are the only images that you have that can begin to describe what you sense from your grandmother. Quite a mixture.

Sadness or any other emotion apart from joy if something that twist your dream preventing a clear picture of such a wonderful meeting. So try imagining the dream again while awake with a feeling of gladness that she is alive and trying to communicate. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

As you digest the information and imagine a different feeling in your dream you will have clearer dreams. And the dream of the gifts that you then realise are yours - the hands is beginning, in the language of dreams beginning to tell you something important. It is that certainly your grandmother gave you several wonderful gifts - please see to understand this http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dreams-see-into-our-far-past/

You received those gifts by living with her and loving her. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Explains I am sorry to give so many links, but we are all so lacking in understanding the depths of our own life and experiences - and your dream is staring the process of such wonderful learning.

You were given the gifts but they became your own because they are now in you and you own them. That is part of the wonder of what we are given by those we are close to -  a wonderful heritage. To really know more of the heritage of the hands, please use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Sometimes it is hands we reach out to protect ourselves or others. With our hands we touch other people and the world around us.

Tony