Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Broken Glass and my brother bleeding from it  (Read 5148 times)

morrisseysf

• View Profile
Broken Glass and my brother bleeding from it
« on: July 08, 2011, 05:56:48 PM »
Last night I had a dream that woke me up and I found it hard to go back to sleep.  Let me start by saying I have LOTS of dreams - this one upset me a lot.  I'm trying to figure out why.  So, I was walking with my younger brother, and we were talking about nothing in particular, TV shows I recall, and he was in a great mood.   As we were walking I looked down and noticed that we were walking amongst large pieces of broken glass, and as we progressed they got larger and harder to step through.  I had no shoes on and couldn't get past.  I felt very unsteady on my feet and was reaching out to my brother for balance, he was laughing and didn't seem phased by it.   He said, "follow me this way" and moved across me, but then he fell, in to these giant shards of glass.   He was badly cut.  I recall lying beside him a huge amount of blood dripping.  I held his shoulder and could feel that he was really badly cut, i applied pressure to try and stop him losing too much blood.  I could feel the blood pulsing under my arm.   His leg was also badly cut.  I remember being in shock.   And people were around and I knew that I needed to call an ambulance, but didn't know how, and then I knew I would need to try and get him in a cab and get him to a hospital, but I seem just paralyzed by fear. 

It left me really shook.   I'm very close to my brother, but I live in California and he lives in Ireland and feel like in the last year the time difference has cause some distance between us.  Maybe this has something to do with it?  The broken glass seemed so much of a threat to me, so scary and left me feeling so uncertain, and then for my brother to be so wounded by it...

Hopefully you can interpret!

Thanks

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Broken Glass and my brother bleeding from it
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
Morrisseysf – Your dream starts with you feeling close and in good contact with your brother. You then see the danger of the path you are both taking – and that you had no shoes on shows how unprepared you both were to take that direction in life.

It is difficult now to see if this is about you or your brother; the reason being that your dream brother is not him, but is a composite of all your feelings and memories of him. But that doesn’t discount the fact that your feelings were something you picked up about him, like a communication.

So, his/your attitude is one that was not taking in the danger of the situation. And that suggests in the language of dreams that he/you must be aware of the attitude that led him to say, “Follow me this way". I would suggest watching out for situations that are dangerous and that you/him are not prepared – no shoes – to face with ease.

Tony