Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hippopotomas dream  (Read 5218 times)

vividpisces27

• View Profile
Hippopotomas dream
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:30:54 AM »
I had the most detailed dream of my life last night and it dealt with a baby hippopotomas that my friend (found in his yard) and the mother was looking for it. She was running thru this house which had tons of stairs and like 5 staircases, she was mad.. And I was locked in a bathroom that had 3 different locks on the right and left side if the door I had them all locked. My husband was trying to save me but  the hippo got in and never hurt me?? It was like in the movies when the mean animal sees a person that they for some reason connect with and decide to not hurt?? And there was very tall grass. Outside of course but I remember seeing very tall grass.    There was 2 sets of stairs from the main floor that were coming from opposite sides and came up to meet eachother at a landing.. There was another set of steps that came from a different floor, but it was very open, no closed spaces, even the stairs were open. Clean wood, stable railings, bright. They came perpendicular to the other stairs and also met at the landing. Coming off the landing was a tall and going up further was a set of stairs, again open stairs but this one had walls on both sides. It went the direction of the last set described but was leveled on top of those stairs like a zig zag. At the top was a white door. Inside was a bright whte room, I think it was a bathroom. Inside the room and facing the door, there was a large open window to the left with a flows white curtain and bright green trees and grass outside. With the door closed, there were three locks on both the left and right side of the door deadbolts, chain link, latch...  The door was white. The mom hippo was ramming against the door. I was scared.  The 5th set of stairs were apart from the othe stairs. They were heading down an they were kind of underneath the left staircase. They were dark. I wouldn't go down them. Even tho people were saying it was the best place to hide from the hippo. I used the left stairs the up the top stairs. My husband was somewhere outside of the room I was locked in, trying to save me. At some point I told him don't try, I think I'll be ok. I don't  remember the hippo breaking the door or the locks or coming in the room. But I was sitting with it. I dont know if it was beside me or in front of me. It was mad but it calmed a little bit. Then I was outside. The grass was tall thick and very green, it was a large house very bright white.

Also. I was extremely aware that this was a dream while it was going on. I recall attempting to take note if specific details, and I even felt like I was telling the me in the dream not to go down stairs.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 01:35:53 AM by vividpisces27 »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Hippopotomas dream
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
VividPisces - Hippos in dreams often represent a mother influence and doorways to the little known and unconscious parts of yourself. It is deepened by all the locks on the door and your not going ‘downstairs’ -  another doorway to parts of yourself you are avoiding seeing.

The only danger that dream animals can do is created by your fears - for all dream images are created by you through what you fear, feel, hope and think. And your little hippos wasn’t scary at all so never hurt you.

Please, please read http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#Summing

The fact is that as humans we are mammals, and so have built into us many of the feelings, fears, longings and reactions that other mammals have. We also have all the whole levels of evolutions of animals built into us in the levels of our brain. So in our dreams we frequently express our fears, longings and reactions in the images of animals. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

As a baby you were a small vulnerable animal, with all the natural instincts to feed, to survive, and to bond with your mother. When you were in your mother’s womb you started off as a bundle of cells; these gradually became a fish like creature with gills, and then onto a mammal form. It shows that we have all the animals built in us. So the animals we dream of are parts of our wholeness, and unless we are reared by humans who teach us to speak we remain an animal. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/

The fact you cannot remember that amazing journey is simply because as human beings we are so vulnerable and do not face our - unconscious - full memory. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/jesse-watkins-experience-of-enlightenment/

So your dream is partly about a mother anxious about it child - is that you?  And also your fear of facing the wonder that you hold within you downstairs - in your inner world - See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/

Tony