Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weird Dream  (Read 4581 times)

Angie

• View Profile
Weird Dream
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:19:02 PM »
I was in an old house with my dad and 1 big and 1 little dog.  Outside the house a type of armageddon was going on...not sure what the deal was but people outside had no shelter or food.  I was worried about starving so I stabbed the little dog for food.  Dark blood was all over the floor and I quickly wiped it up to avoid scaring the big dog.  I then cut the dog up in steak type shapes.  My dad expressed confusion at the way i cut the meat.  I then realized we had an entire freezer full of food and felt bad that I had killed the dog when things were not yet that desperate. People outside began trying to get into the house.  I tried to wedge something under the doors to keep them out, but I could not keep the weathered old doors shut tight enough.  People were pushing through and I was desperate to keep them out.  I then looked outside and saw an airplane flying over head...I thought, "why are the airlines running?...don't they know how desperate things are?" 

Input would be appreciated!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Weird Dream
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:58:02 AM »
Angie – This represent a great conflict in you, probably to do with you misunderstanding how Life and mind works. It also suggests a feeling of the end of the world scenario.

To help you find your way through what you are or will face, you need to understand that remember that dreams are just like computer games in which you get very involved and face monsters and kill or be killed and nothing has actually happened – you are still alive and unhurt. But in this wonderfully alive virtual reality of your dreams we are all playing the game of life.

Also all the many characters and animals of your dreams are all created by you, and there is not need to reject or be afraid of them – or even kill them. Unfortunately this wonderful virtual reality world is usually felt as dealing with other people, as externals, like something that can damage us, or something like the Devil that can possess us. You cannot die or be hurt in your dream; your inner world of dreams is totally different to the outer world.

So you fear you will starve, and this suggests you need to be able to get the food you have stored away, frozen by shutting off a part of you in a sort of cold storage. Sometimes it represents emotional coldness – the sort that would try to keep the other parts of you starving – “I tried to wedge something under the doors to keep them out”.

The airplane flying overhead shows how you misunderstand your situation. I think it suggest that if you look toward the highest in you and not at the inner turmoil you will find help. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/questions-2/#FaceFear

Tony